• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Torn labrum, recovery and supplementation?

kay

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but I've torn my right shoulder labrum and have surgery scheduled for next month. I would like to know if i just worked on one arm would the muscle imbalances be an issue later on. Also any supplements suggestions and possible workouts i could do would be much appreciated.

cheers!

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but I've torn my right shoulder labrum and have surgery scheduled for next month. I would like to know if i just worked on one arm would the muscle imbalances be an issue later on. Also any supplements suggestions and possible workouts i could do would be much appreciated.

cheers!

Forget it and just do what you can outside of the shoulder joint.

Training one arm would cause a huge imbalance, yes.

Just work on recovery and look after yourself.

Trains your wheels - just think, by the time you can start working the arms and shoulders again, your legs will be chiselled to buggery! = excellent! ;)

I'd be interested to know how you go with this Kay. I've also been diagnosed with a labral tear, but was advised to try a rehab program rather than surgery. It's still not properly fixed though. Sometimes i think surgery and a permanent fix would be great.....not sure though.

Thanks for the input everyone. I am set for surgery this friday. I can only think of doing belt squats at this stage, is there anything else i can do?

Yeah DKD, i was with my Physio for about 6 months before i decided to opt for surgery. It was never 100%, it would feel alright one day then hurt like a bitch on another. Couldn't really lift consistently and playing some sports was just out of the question. I do hope the surgery is worth it, will get back to you on that.

Thanks for the input everyone. I am set for surgery this friday. I can only think of doing belt squats at this stage, is there anything else i can do?

Yeah DKD, i was with my Physio for about 6 months before i decided to opt for surgery. It was never 100%, it would feel alright one day then hurt like a bitch on another. Couldn't really lift consistently and playing some sports was just out of the question. I do hope the surgery is worth it, will get back to you on that.

Best of luck with the surgery Kay. Hope it all goes well.

Subbing.

I'm off to doc to get referral for MRI for my shoulder. Physio suspect SLAP lesion. Will see. Been injured for 8 months now.

its been a bout 2months out know, shoulder is feeling a lot better. the first month with a sling on was pretty annoying. didn't really ask too much details but had a torn bicep tendon and rotator cuff tear. wasn't a labrum issue. i think.

though movement came back pretty quickly, but there is still pain even now. any movement overhead is still fairly weak, pain with rotational movements. but working on rehab at the moment. hopefully will be able to touch weights in another 2months or so. don't want to push it.

right now, just building up equipment for my home gym to get back into it. not sure how i can work out legs though. just been doing Glute hams, band ham curls, and squats with a belt, though gets annoying cos don't really get much depth as don't have a platform to stand on.

Those are the times when I actually love gyms and the machines. Leg curls, extensions, calf raises, stabilised pressed and pulls, cables...

yeah that's true, i still have my uni membership but haven't really been bothered to unfreeze it. besides external rotations and any overhead movement the shoulder is quite good.

I have started to deadlift, bench and squat again. however just started off really light and see how i feel on each movement. I am still unable to hold the barbell properly on the squats so i have resulted to using straps and just holding it in front of me whilst doing high bar.

I would really like to get back into the full flow of things but there is always pain if i overuse it.