• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

To the Bodybuilders out there

A soldier was complaining to his wife about parachute practice.
He said he didn't want to go as it scared him, his wife talked him into going.

On the plane the sergeant instructed everyone to jump, the soldier complained, the sarg said, son , if you don't jump I'm going to stick my cock right up your arse boy.

Later that night the soldier was telling his wife the story...his wife asked, well, did you jump?

He replied, a couple of inches at first.

The pump is like having a flog, not good for much. It feels good...but not overly productive

Looks great though in the mirror. After all this shit I guess I'll stick to 3 days a week. At least for this year. Hopefully I have made good progress on my lifts by then. I lowered my squat weight by alomost half as I wanted to ensure good form. I'm go up in weight slightly. Really want to make sure I have great form when i'm lifting big

Thinking about form, weights, reps etc for 9 different exercises is too taxing and distracting mate. Inevitably your last few exercises will suffer.

I like to stick to 5 or so, 6 if I have to but 5 or even 4 is my preference.

Thinking about form, weights, reps etc for 9 different exercises is too taxing and distracting mate. Inevitably your last few exercises will suffer.

I like to stick to 5 or so, 6 if I have to but 5 or even 4 is my preference.

The Dips and Chins at the end of the routine are simply there because one of my goals is to do 100 or each, i can do them at the end of the workout until fail instead to decrease the workload. So I will stick with them. I might take out the calves and upright rows. Probably not needed. That brings me back to where I started just about:p

Just a question for everyone on SLDL's. Do you do them with your knee's locked as I find this the best way to work the hamstrings. Bending the knee's is recomeded but seems to work the lower back too much

Bodybuilders = Training + Food + Genetics/ OR Drugs.

A potential bodybuilder currently training will not come to a bodybuilding website asking for what program to get bigger if they are exercising and eating already. They would have results and be doing what they are doing...

This implies you are not one of these people.. That means you ened to be doing compound lifts.

I saw a very good article on split trianing vs full body...

The conclusion was split = drugs for best results, natural = full body compound or compound split.

How many people are in the gym doing cable cross over? How many look like body builders.. You dont just decide to do this one day and change a program.

Genetics

Drugs

Food

Training

And in that order...

I lowered my squat weight by alomost half as I wanted to ensure good form. I'm go up in weight slightly. Really want to make sure I have great form when i'm lifting big
Typical comment from someone who can't squat sh*t.
How bout put some weight on the bar and actually be forced to use proper technique.
My mate says the same thing (bless his heart), sports science student, he squats like 60/70kg. he has sh*t form. doesnt need good form.

Typical comment from someone who can't squat sh*t.
How bout put some weight on the bar and actually be forced to use proper technique.
My mate says the same thing (bless his heart), sports science student, he squats like 60/70kg. he has sh*t form. doesnt need good form.

the more weight I put on the bar the more I lean forward. If I get my technique right now squatting light it will ensure I don't have injuries. Isn't it all about steady but slight gains.

With poor technique I could probably come close to hitting 130kgs for 1 rep. But whats the use of doing it if the form is shit?

I hear what you are saying. but good technique will be forced upon you the heavier you go. the way the body leverages itself changes with different pressures.

Also, nothing wrong with starting light and adding up but the best way to add weight to the bar, is literally, by doing just that. going heavy and letting your body adjust.
I hear "im gonna start light and get my form right" all too often and 6 months later they are squatting the same weight.

If the back is arched and the squat is deep 95% of the time the squat is fine.

shit you live on the central coast - come up to newcastle sometime over the next few weeks and I'll show you how to squat.