• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

To much zero coke???

You'll be waiting a while. My question was rhetorical.
Google it yourself. there are loads of articles suggesting this.

Suggestion is great but its one of the most widely looked into things.

Aspartame is probably the safest. I do have some concerns with sucralose and anything that effects gut ph and microflora because in essence that is what is responsible for your health.

View attachment 5773

Maybe the energy (kj) from caffine?

there are other compounds that are burnt in a calorimeter or provide metabolic energy that don't typically feature on the nutrition panel, e.g. alcohol, sugar alcohols, etc. i think this is what's going on here - the artificial sweetener provides some calories (not many) but doesn't fit into any of the categories of the nutrition panel so it isn't mentioned.

i'm not entirely sure, but i think there's organic, alcohol-like compounds in substances like vinegar that cause it's energy content to be much higher than its macros suggest too. probably the case with many fermented liquids too...

for mine, i'm currently ok with eating stevia based sweeteners. i find they have a slightly bitter-sweetness to them which can complement some flavours but clash with others. i make a home made coffee flavoured ice cream which stevia works really well with. if i make the same ice cream with strawberries instead of coffee then it doesn't really work.

i also use splenda in situations where stevia is no good and i'm reasonably confident that it's no worse for me than many other substances that i come into contact with over the course of my day (BPAs, random hydrocarbons, pollutants in the air etc) so i think the risk is fairly low and is probably background noise compared to many other risks i take. the direct risks are also probably lower so than the risks associated with eating the volume of sugar that the splenda is replacing so that's also worth considering...

Suggestion is great but its one of the most widely looked into things.

Aspartame is probably the safest. I do have some concerns with sucralose and anything that effects gut ph and microflora because in essence that is what is responsible for your health.

Exactly.

If you think it is so bad GROAR, why don't you put up some articles to support your view?

I have googled it myself and I think it is safe. You appear to have done your own research and come up with a different conclusion.

Rather than mere rhetoric, why don't you show us what you have found?

I want to add that everything and anything can be bad for you..

Its the context in which it is that is important.

Pros/cons ect ect

Exactly.

If you think it is so bad GROAR, why don't you put up some articles to support your view?

I have googled it myself and I think it is safe. You appear to have done your own research and come up with a different conclusion.

Rather than mere rhetoric, why don't you show us what you have found?

Yeah!
You stupid bastard.

Most likely. I smash 2 energy drinks in the car driving to work.
A lot of pre workouts have no effect on me.

I was addicted to energy drinks, the problem is you crash worse then if you didn't have one to begin with. If you need a bump in the mornings Kaz try a stim pill no-doz or similar, there is a few different ones on the market heaps cheaper then v or red bull and probs better for you. Same shit but without the nasty soft drink to go with it.

I still dunno how I brokr my red bull addiction just stopped once I realised I was more tired half an hour after having one.

I gotta get off them but it's the amount of Max I have a day that's just as bad.
Keeping sugar free cordial on hand at work

I was addicted to energy drinks, the problem is you crash worse then if you didn't have one to begin with. If you need a bump in the mornings Kaz try a stim pill no-doz or similar, there is a few different ones on the market heaps cheaper then v or red bull and probs better for you. Same shit but without the nasty soft drink to go with it.

I still dunno how I brokr my red bull addiction just stopped once I realised I was more tired half an hour after having one.

fuuuaaarrrk i was addicted to energy drinks once.. getting off them went cold turkey was having full withdrawls massive headaches.. use to polish off a 500ml can every day before work.
now im lucky to have one a week.

they all taste like arse once you have weaned yourself off it..

This^^^
Even the sugar free/low sugar soft drinks are bad for you.
I only ever see fat people drinking Diet Coke/Coke zero...

What most people don't realise is that most sugar-free products still contain carbohydrates and will make your blood sugar levels go up.
Anything that has starch or sugar, whether naturally occurring or added to it, contains carbohydrates. All carbs are broken down and turned into sugar in our bodies.
Being married to a type1 diabetic, i've learnt all this shit! lol

Last edited:
Mate Zero Coke and most diet drinks DO NOT contain any carbohydrates or starch or sugar and definitely do not get broken down into sugar. They contain artificial sweeteners that have zero nutritional value, hence the name Coke Zero.....check the label.