• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Time for a fat tax ?

When the kids where living at home I used to be very funny about my coco pops no one was aloud to touch them, and I'd get really kranky if I didn't have any.

I find it hard to respect obese people. I am constantly judging the obese guy in my office, it really is such a piss weak addiction. I can relate to alcos, degenerate gamblers, druggosI understand the kick they get but to eat yourself to the point of been disfigured thats really sick.

There is no answer to the problem, lazy fat people gonna continue been lazy fat people. Look at Gina Reinhardt richest woman in the world and she can't buy herself skinny.

White rice v Brown rice... Asian people have white rice as a staple in their diet every meal... Not fat. Go figure... Eating Brown rice there is a sign of being poor in the past

eating white rice (just white) rice has and is causing malnutrition and night blindness due to lack of vitamins in parts of Indonesia and India

Me , I just prefer the taste of brown rice or wild rice.
Also eat a fair bit of black and red rice (Chinese or Thai supermarkets)

Black rice makes a nice black/purple colour congee.

Brick its very easy to do especially if you get an injury and stop training but keep eating the same.

I hit 132kg last July, now back to 108 and aiming for 92. Haven't been under 100kg since before motorbike accident in 98.

eating white rice (just white) rice has and is causing malnutrition and night blindness due to lack of vitamins in parts of Indonesia and India

Me , I just prefer the taste of brown rice or wild rice.
Also eat a fair bit of black and red rice (Chinese or Thai supermarkets)

Black rice makes a nice black/purple colour congee.

Brick its very easy to do especially if you get an injury and stop training but keep eating the same.

I hit 132kg last July, now back to 108 and aiming for 92. Haven't been under 100kg since before motorbike accident in 98.

Bullshit it would be alot of working eating enough to hit 132 at low muscle mass unless your like 6'6. Volume of food and/or piss would be significant. How mamy times did you have to buy a new wardrobe its not easy to get obese.

Props to you for losing the weight. Although i hope you are doing a recomp rather than a diet.

Bullshit it would be alot of working eating enough to hit 132 at low muscle mass unless your like 6'6. Volume of food and/or piss would be significant. How mamy times did you have to buy a new wardrobe its not easy to get obese.

Props to you for losing the weight. Although i hope you are doing a recomp rather than a diet.

Doesn't take that much, if your sitting on your arse for work, and not exercising (initially couldn't exercise multiple fractures) over a few years. A couple of wardrobes.

6 foot. More of a union players build before the accident(used to play second row/break away).

plenty of exercise (back into the gym this afternoon) and reduced food intake

what would be effective in getting people less overweight then ?

If people can't get motivated to help themselves (and reduce the added burden to the health costs), what method would work to motivate them other than make the unhealthy choice more expensive ?

when death and poor health are no longer strong motivators... you've got buckleys :D

It's interesting looking at Asia its only in the last decade or so there has been a growing trend of obesity especially Japan with its American influences otherwise they still eat much the same as they did 50 yrs ago.. and have better than average life expectancy

fat is japan is skinny ;)

In 2008, Japan’s Ministry of Health passed the ‘metabo’ law and declared war against obesity. …

Japanese people are normally envied for their lean physiques. In fact, the OECD ranks them, with only 3% population obesity, one of the least obese developed countries. … Comparing the time periods 1976-1980 and 1996-2000, prevalence of obese boys and girls increased from 6.1% and 7.1% to 11.1% and 10.2%. …

The law mandates that local governments and employers add a waist measurement test to the annual mandatory check up of 40-75 year olds. For men and women who fail the test and exceed the maximum allowed waist length of 33.5 and 35.4 inches, they are required to attend a combination of counseling sessions, monitoring through phone and email correspondence, and motivational support. …

Employers or local government … are required to ensure a minimum of 65% participation, with an overall goal to cut the country’s obesity rates by 25% by year 2015. Failure to meet these goals results in fines of almost 10% of current health payments
how many people on here have a waist size smaller than 33.5inches?

Onis is 35 inches according to himself

that was one thigh? :D

34" japanese middle aged male is considered to have "Metabolic syndrome" and it gets a lot of airtime, and companies try to do stuff about it...

but considering how skinny many Japanese are built.. 34" for them is more like.. 38" for Aussies? 38" would be getting a bit of a gut...

(holy multi-post Batman.. sorry about that)

same happens with uni students and 2-minute noodles in Australia...

they should all eat more vegies

same happens with uni students and 2-minute noodles in Australia...

they should all eat more vegies

When I was at Uni we all lived on the mi goreng noodles and they had little dried packets of veggies you mixed in them.

We were healthy as.

dried veggies? pure luxury!!!
"we were so poor all we had was coloured cardboard and th eplastic the noodles came in, and had to imagine there was flavour.."

Fat tax is dumb, thought up by dumb people to try and solve the problems of other dumb people.
education is not the key. many people don't WANT to be healthy...

"oh, but if we tell dazza and shazza that if they reduce the amounts of fats and sugars in their diet, then they can smoke and drink all they want and stuill be healthy while they play the pokies and kick their kids"

but tax fat people.... they'd probably argue they are already being taxed enough... for all the food they "have" to buy...