• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Time for a fat tax ?

While i do agree Bella the the problem is manifold, one fundamental issue is that as the more civilized we become the more shit we find ourselves in.

To that there is no solution short of a large meteorite.

While i do agree Bella the the problem is manifold, one fundamental issue is that as the more civilized we become the more shit we find ourselves in.

To that there is no solution short of a large meteorite.

lol

ahhh I think, as it stands, no meterorite is necessary, we're imploding, all on our own ;)

And tapped out on my fckn phone too! Mwahaha

thumbs and fingers of doom or gamers thumb ?

Haven't seen any here in oz but popular in parts of the US is the standing desk
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_desk

Why and How I Switched to a Standing Desk | Smarterware

whats needed in offices
pedal-computer-treadle-powered-computer-image-1-548478946.jpg

or

pedal-powered-generator.jpg

Power-Shoestring4.jpg

Let's just give the fatties lap band surgery on medicare............oh wait we already do that.

Telling people that 'moderation' is key is not 'educating' them. What moderation? Which food groups? How much? When? There is so much conflicting information out there, I'm not surprised that the fat get fatter & our kiddies are huge.

Don't eat after 6pm. Don't eat carbs, they're the enemy. Don't have ice cream, its full of sugar, don't give your kids juice, they're better off with a piece of fruit, move for 30 minutes every day. Rye bread, brown bread, white bread, gluten free, lactose free, rice - white or brown? Sugar or sweetner? Soft drinks or no soft drink? Does burnt toast cause cancer? Are our friit & veg full of pesticides? Are the bbq chickens injected full of hormones?

have to agree with you on that , there is a tonne of conflicting articles , one week a group will tell you to eat more of A food next week another group tells you that A food causes cancer and to eat less, there is way too many dietitians/nutritionists out there selling their warez spewing any crap to get their name in the paper

i remember growing up about the only thing we used to get told was if you eat your crusts your hair will go curly and that carrots help you see in the dark

have to agree with you on that , there is a tonne of conflicting articles , one week a group will tell you to eat more of A food next week another group tells you that A food causes cancer and to eat less, there is way too many dietitians/nutritionists out there selling their warez spewing any crap to get their name in the paper

i remember growing up about the only thing we used to get told was if you eat your crusts your hair will go curly and that carrots help you see in the dark

Agree! Eat your crusts and your hair will be curly (clearly I did this quite well!) lol and eat carrots they make your eyesight better - check!

Totally agree with you that every dietician/nutritionist has a different perspective on everything. Watched "The Doctors" this afternoon.

Wholewheat bread is better than anything else apparently.
Brown rice, brown pasta is best.
Soda is the enemy.
Sodium is the enemy.
Sugar is the enemy.

But then on Today Tonight the other night, their nutritionist said Rye bread was the best bread and if you couldn't get your hands on rye - you should go with the multigrain? WTF! She suggested quinoa instead of rice and gluten free pasta instead of wholewheat - I mean really! Then she suggested wholewheat and gluten free wraps as a good alternative to bread!

I went to Coles today and just stood in the bread aisle! They have an entire aisle, dedicated to just bread! I don't buy bread, I don't eat it and I don't give Sophie sandwiches for lunch, so she doesn't eat bread either.

But really, no wonder people are confused. I urge you all, next time you grocery shop, just go into the bread section and stand there for a few minutes and have a look at what's offered.

Same goes for pasta's, oils, butter/margarine and just about everything else! You get some idiot on a program saying coconut oil is the best oil to use and will promote fat loss, someone else says use the lite oil spray to cook with for fat loss, others say olive oil all the way for the healthiest cooking.

I mean really. I just think about when I was a kid. There was Tip Top bread, for 33 cents, that was it. There was Paul's milk, the end. There were a couple of different brands of butter and margarine, but my mother always stuck with what she knew. There was no confusion, we had spag bol for dinner or meat and 3 veg and we played outside, until the sun had set, every single night.

I think we've just been overloaded with too many points of view and too many choices quite frankly lol And we're WAY more sedentary than we ever used to be.

I guess you just gotta close your eyes and pick one and hope to god, it's the 'right' one. lol

White rice v Brown rice... Asian people have white rice as a staple in their diet every meal... Not fat. Go figure... Eating Brown rice there is a sign of being poor in the past

Agree! Eat your crusts and your hair will be curly (clearly I did this quite well!) lol and eat carrots they make your eyesight better - check!

Totally agree with you that every dietician/nutritionist has a different perspective on everything. Watched "The Doctors" this afternoon.

Wholewheat bread is better than anything else apparently.
Brown rice, brown pasta is best.
Soda is the enemy.
Sodium is the enemy.
Sugar is the enemy.

But then on Today Tonight the other night, their nutritionist said Rye bread was the best bread and if you couldn't get your hands on rye - you should go with the multigrain? WTF! She suggested quinoa instead of rice and gluten free pasta instead of wholewheat - I mean really! Then she suggested wholewheat and gluten free wraps as a good alternative to bread!

I went to Coles today and just stood in the bread aisle! They have an entire aisle, dedicated to just bread! I don't buy bread, I don't eat it and I don't give Sophie sandwiches for lunch, so she doesn't eat bread either.

But really, no wonder people are confused. I urge you all, next time you grocery shop, just go into the bread section and stand there for a few minutes and have a look at what's offered.

Same goes for pasta's, oils, butter/margarine and just about everything else! You get some idiot on a program saying coconut oil is the best oil to use and will promote fat loss, someone else says use the lite oil spray to cook with for fat loss, others say olive oil all the way for the healthiest cooking.

I mean really. I just think about when I was a kid. There was Tip Top bread, for 33 cents, that was it. There was Paul's milk, the end. There were a couple of different brands of butter and margarine, but my mother always stuck with what she knew. There was no confusion, we had spag bol for dinner or meat and 3 veg and we played outside, until the sun had set, every single night.

I think we've just been overloaded with too many points of view and too many choices quite frankly lol And we're WAY more sedentary than we ever used to be.

I guess you just gotta close your eyes and pick one and hope to god, it's the 'right' one. lol

umm..
what bella?