• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Those special moments you always remember

Benching bw
sqautting 1.5x bw
mp 50kg (I weighed 62kg that time)
learning to DL correctly (used to round my back and get horrible pain in my spine)

deadlifting 300kg tarzan & jane gym,@ 97kg adam coe and nathan garnet all training together seems like yesterday.
squating 215kg in my work jocks at ptc frankston,thats raw.
benching 175kgx2 billys gym 1997.

My most special moment was doing 3x10 perfect pullups at a bodyweight of 136kg, starting out only being able to do no more than 2 in a row.

bench, 1 @120, 10 @ 90, and bw x 20, were all great
90 x 20 squats, 120 x 1.
150 deadlift, i laughed out loud it was awsome, 160 didnt have the same effect.

Reaching 100kg bodyweight
Being able to manage a few sets of 5 chinups (used to struggle doing 1 or 2)
Deadlifting 150kg the first time, currently on 180 aiming for 200 :D

Still a bit off being happy with OP, Bench and Squat, lol.

Benching 100kg for 6 reps and squatting 180kg for 6 when I was 17- felt like a big deal in terms of progress.
More recent moments- benching 200kg was awesome, as was 500lbs, but for some reason 600lbs didn't mean so much- probably because I wanted so much more.
Squatting over 700lbs was a goal I enjoyed getting, but 800lbs was a better moment.
I personally don't get much from records or titles- I think for me its more about moving forward and the rest just takes care of itself. Records are more about other people and for me lifting has always been about me progressing and moving forward. I have always said I'd rather go last with a PR than 1st with a sub-par performance.
The numbers now on my radar- 400kg squat, 300kg bench, 700lb deadlift.
I don't do much overhead work- but when I was around 100kg I did 120kgx6 seated military- that felt good.

Last edited:
First time i MP'd a plate for 5, benched 2 plates for 5 and pulled 4 plates for a double. There is just something about making it to the next plate that makes it stand out as an acheivement.

Next up bench 3 and pull 5 for singles, will be super stoked.

I was thinking about this the other day. Trying to remember my first 500 lbs (227.5kg) squat. Then I realised I couldn't even get the gym it was in right. I do remember many of the training sessions that took me from 190 to 227.5.

As Cervantes said "The road is always better than the inn."