• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Those special moments you always remember

How good was the feeling you had from those moments when you started training and made those achievements that physically represented your pay off from all the hard work.

Mine were/are:
the first time I benched 50kg (can't wait for 100 kg)
the first time I DL bodyweight
the first time I squatted bodyweight
the first time I did 3 sets of 10 dips (the real ones where you carry your whole body weight, not those ones on the ground or bench)

I still haven't done 3 sets of 10 chins or pulls. I think that will be one of the sweetest.
Posted via Mobile Device

200kg squat

130kg bench

155kg x 20 squat, the hardest set i've ever done.

PTC Australia Day 2010 final deadlifts. Me pulling 260kg for a 900kg total and chris calling and making 273.5kg to finish on 901kg What a comp.

I haven't had a single special moment because I'm still pretty average (or below!) in terms of strength compared to others around here.

My special moments have been more gradual. When I started training I couldn't do a single pullup, or a single dip. I bought a power rack with a cool chinning bar and dip attachment, but couldn't make any use of them in those first few weeks, which was pretty depressing. But I stuck at it and I can now do 11 chins and 15 dips, even do weighted dips which I never thought I'd get to. So when I reflect back, that gives me a bit of satisfaction.

similar boat to you dkd
couldnt do a single dead hang chin up at like 60kgs!!!
now i can almost do 2 sets x8 at 78kgs
not much improvement but its some :)
also biggest thing for me was when i came back to footy after a little bit of gym training i didnt know my self. every aspect of my game improved 110%
oh the first time i broke 100kg deadlift that made me happy as lol

Last edited:
Haha I've always wanted to bench 100kg, and squat 140kg.

Haven't hit either one yet.

First time I benched 100kg.
First time I benched 136.5kg. (or 300lbs, which was the goal)
First time I squatted 160kg.
First time I squatted 160kg x 10.
First time I pulled 210kg.

Reaching 80kg bw
Reaching 90kg bw
Benching 160kg
Benching 3 x 150kg
Deadlifting 210kg, 220kg, 230kg, 240kg
Finishing the Smolov squat cycle
Squatting 200kg
2 x 6 x 60kg weighted dips

These are the highlights I can remember being the most excited about.

Mine aren't that great, but when I benched over 100kg, first time doing deadlifts got 142kg rep (beating all my friends there who had been training them and only got 110kg). Nothing else really stands out much in my memory.

Deadlifting 200kg. Probably the hardest thin I have done.
Benching 115kg after being stuck for ages.

Probably the best feeling though was when I tried on a size Large t-shirt and it fit well. Down from a 4XL.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hitting the 140-100-180 beginner numbers.
200 Deadlift
220 Deadlift
Competing

Next ones will be
1.5bw x 20 squats
3x bw deadlift.

Because I'm older, a few of mine were pounds goals.

Benching 135lbs (the plates)
Squatting 450lbs
Benching 300lbs
Benching 350lbs
Military pressing 100kg

reaching 85kgs@8% Bodyfat and having heads turn everywhere u walked at the beach. Men covering their wives/partners eyes as u walk past.

Good stuff.. Memories..

Anyone got a time machine i wanna head back to that place just one more time :p