• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Thinking of getting an Apple iMac?

Have had two Macs in the family, one for 2 years the other for 6 months, never froze yet, used to be a daily thing with my windows machine, even with weekly defrags and virus updates.

I use a windows based PC at work and it's painful to use, and the IT guy that has set up home at my work is making a killing trying to keep these things running, there is always at least one or two computers not working at any given time in a relatively small office environment.

But like I said, each person must use what they prefer.

The problem with windows based PC is that the hardware and the software are designed and made by different people. Where as the Mac software and the hardware are designed as one, to actually work.

I totally agree with you Big Mick, when I upgraded the work computers at my last job to the mac systems it was recommended to me because the mac had no compatibility issues with its own hardware etc. I used the new computers for 24hrs a day for just over 3yrs before leaving that job and not once did they ever give us any trouble. They never froze, never glitched out, and never had any issues, they just did the job. The windows based computers that we were using were always breaking down, never ran smoothly and at least once a month my IT guy had to come and fix something. The computers were top of the line macs vs top of the line windows based toshibas, so it wasn't a quality issue, the macs just worked way better. I was skeptical about macs to begin with as the old ones were a bit basic, but the newer versions (2005 up) are so much better than windows based computers and that is what my IT guy told me. And I agree with him, in fact I asked the IT guys where I work at now what they think of macs and they all agreed that they are better than windows based computers, especially when dealing with high amounts of data etc. So its weird that others on here say the exact opposite, I guess each to their own, but my experience with macs has been great. The only thing macs don't have allot of is games apparently, but I guess that's because windows based computers are made as toys as well, mac will cater for this market as it out grows the windows based stuff IMO.

If you're sick of your PC freezing at work, take your mac in and use that. Have fun getting permission to view fileserver shared folders, being compatible with their printers, connecting to their email server (if they're using Exchange 03 like a couple of my clients still are).

I have a mate who works for the Commonwealth Bank in Sydney. In their new HQ building at darling harbour housing 6,000 staff they are exclusively using macs. I guess one of the biggest companies in the country did their due diligence and figured out a way around the issues you raise.