• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Thinking of getting an Apple iMac?

Lol, warm penis against a vibrating machine with noise loud enough to bloke out your groans of pleasure. Sounds like a +ve to me.

PC's are much better, apple products in general seem to be more of a fad than a superiour product.

Is there a physical reason for that? Or is it just your 'feeling'? So far I'm yet to see anyone explain why PC's are better than a mac.

Is there a physical reason for that? Or is it just your 'feeling'? So far I'm yet to see anyone explain why PC's are better than a mac.
To be honest its tit for tat stuff. Feeling is what forms the basis of ones opinion. I've used both systems and mac is quite limited and they always have been. Windows doesn't have the same limitations, but has a tendency to be a pain in the ass.

To throw another opinion in the works - I hate macs. I work in IT consulting for small / medium businesses.

If you're using them at home for facebook or whatever, they're brilliant and do the job well. Since most people who fit that category are tech illiterate they're fairly easy to use and can run into less problems than on a windows PC/laptop.

However, I look small and medium businesses IT needs for a living, and in those environments they're awful. They don't integrate with Windows networks very well, they don't like Exchange, they won't talk to certain printers, can't be controlled by group policy / security permissions. I die a little inside everytime i hear someone say they're thinking of buying one. Pretty rarely do they consider any of these things.

Well I have 2 macs, a mac book pro and a desk top mac. I love these machines and have never come across any of the problems that wingman has encountered, my IT guy was the one who told me that once you go mac you never go back and pointed me in the direction of my first one (which I didn't buy from him either), to the contrary, they are way more reliable than any other computer I have ever owned. I have had the desk top for 4yrs totally trouble free, and have had the mac book pro for about 1.5yrs now, totally trouble free. My wife on the other hand went out and bought herself a toshiba note book, cost more than my mac, and has broken down twice in the last 1.5yrs of ownership(she wishes she got a mac now too). I use both macs for Uni study and whatever else I feel like doing on them. I'm not a computer expert, but I know enough that I run a hospitality business on them for 7 years. First 4yrs was using PC, than changed to mac pros for the last 3yrs and had no issues at all, the PCs were always stuffing up. We ran the macs with RMS software, accounting software, word, excel, power point and internet, to be honest I am a happy customer and can't really complain about either of mine, and the business I ran for many years has never to this day had an issue with the macs I got installed(I got 3 of the pro's), so each to their own I guess, but that's my experience. I won't willingly go back to PC, but there is some bloody good deals on the PCs these days, I think mac will have to come to the table price wise to keep up or they will get slaughtered on sales.
EDIT: Oh yeh they also ran a boom gate interface from CSTech (I think was the company name) and never get turned off as they have the phone system and security access codes from RMS working all the time, they been on for over 3yrs now trouble free, even in black outs as they are connected to a back up generator. That's total reliability to me.

Last edited:
We have two iMAcs in our house hold after many many widows based machines in the past.

Three words:

It Just Works!!!

You buy, it take it out of the box, and turn it on, it connects itself to the internet, you plug your printer in and it prints. No disks to install, not compatibility issues, no defrags, no viruses, no glitches, no soft ware issues, no virus upgrades, no software reboots, no slowing down over time due to files moving around etc etc, it just works and has done so since taking out of the box.

The only people I have ever heard complain about a Mac are those that do not own one, and have never owned one, every other person will never go back to torturing themselves with a Windows based machine.

People seem to rubbish Mac's by saying people who use them are not tech savy etc etc, that is not the point, that would be like buying an unreliable car that constantly breaks down and saying people who buy cars that are reliable and just drive are not mechanically minded, thats just dumb, why torture yourself???

And in relation to Apple software a quote from the late Steve Jobs pretty much sums it up :"Giving iTunes to a windows user is like giving a glass of iced water to someone in hell."

Last edited:
I now have a Mac and PC laptop. There is nothing wrong with the Mac. I do find it very fiddley to use and they can freeze up just like any computer. Also when using the mac I feel like I am using a child's play toy rather than a proper computer.

Overall they both do the job and I could use either but I prefer the PC by a fair margin.

One thing to remember Mac users tend to have an almost fanatical following and they tend to make the most noise when you ask opinions on Macs vs pcs.

My wifes mac has a sweet touchpad compared to my Toshiba. Too bad its as slow as shit compared to mine and cost 500 more.

One thing to remember Mac users tend to have an almost fanatical following and they tend to make the most noise when you ask opinions on Macs vs pcs.

Thats because Mac users have generally used a Windows based computer prior to using the Mac, I have used a windows based computer for many years and have been through many hours of frustration and endless upgrades each one connected with more frustration. Then I reluctantly bought a Mac....wow...it just worked for close to two years now and still works like it did on day one.

But each to their own I guess, there will always be windows users, there will always be people signing mobile plans with Vodafone and then whine about no mobile service etc etc.

Each person must make peace with what ever they like.

PS: an Apple Computer is still a PC, they are all PC's (Personal Computer).

But here are some things to ponder:):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmRJ649ICPU]Mac vs PC (1984 vs. 2007) (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN6Ck6qflZw&feature=related]Snow Leopard vs Windows 7 - Boot Time - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EQ61yWpYb4&feature=related]Apple iMac vs. Sony Vaio - YouTube[/ame]

I like wingmans post. Macs are fine for facebook, YouTube, forums ect.

when you start to get into small business stuff, windows pcs will give you less hassles.

Like I said before macs can freeze up with the best of them. When we got our Mac it needed to download a fair few gigs of updates then not long after totally froze up and could not do anything about it until it eventually decided it wanted to work after a few hours.

Have had two Macs in the family, one for 2 years the other for 6 months, never froze yet, used to be a daily thing with my windows machine, even with weekly defrags and virus updates.

I use a windows based PC at work and it's painful to use, and the IT guy that has set up home at my work is making a killing trying to keep these things running, there is always at least one or two computers not working at any given time in a relatively small office environment.

But like I said, each person must use what they prefer.

The problem with windows based PC is that the hardware and the software are designed and made by different people. Where as the Mac software and the hardware are designed as one, to actually work.

I've used a mac daily since 1997 and it has never once frozen, no joke, not one single time. I use a PC daily also for work and it freezes at least weekly, often much more than that.

I've used a mac daily since 1997 and it has never once frozen, no joke, not one single time. I use a PC daily also for work and it freezes at least weekly, often much more than that.

If you're sick of your PC freezing at work, take your mac in and use that. Have fun getting permission to view fileserver shared folders, being compatible with their printers, connecting to their email server (if they're using Exchange 03 like a couple of my clients still are).