• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
With a pack of young guns now training for powelifiting in the gym, we regularly run out of plates. So I put a request in for a few more 20's, some 5's and some 1.25kg plates.

What we got were a bunch of those thick crossfit plates. It's OK for light work but if you want to squat or deadlift, you run out of space on the bar. Then they decided to store them all on the squat rack so if you want normal plates you have to carry them across the gym.

How can something so simple be such a stuff up?

In my experience, gym owners buy what they think will save them money, not what's needed for serious training. Also, if a newbie walks into a gym and its full of shiny machines, they will sign up. If its a bunch of free weights, squat racks and bars, they will slink off to find a walking machine somewhere else.

Yesterday I walked up to a completely empty squat rack with an empty bar, planning on doing squats. Put my towel down and some bro dude runs across the gym saying he was using it in a 'as if you can't see I'm using it' tone. Fine, whatever. He then supersetted bicep curls with finger forearm curls. I would forgive a newbie, but I've seen that dude around for a while.
There is just no way id have let that go lol. Good patience my friend

Why is every new years resolutioner that's been training for a week already walking around like they're carrying watermelons?

Just finished squatting and was deadlifting, some chick who competes in Oly Lifting who was using the rack next to me starts chatting with me between sets after she saw i had Romaloes and lifting chalk. Apparently i'm the only other person (other than her) that has them at my gym. Anyway she proceeds to tell me she Snatches 60kg for reps and C&J 81kg @ 63kg BW. Impressive.

Pics or you're jerking our gherkin again mac daddy... You know the rules

No pics kunce. I'm back home again.

If I was going to make up a story, I'd make it a lot more interesting than "met some chick that competes in oly lifting" ha ha ha

You just have to say "quick selfie for the perves on ausbb" and she'll happily oblige... If you had a selfie stick at the ready next to your shoes and chalk I'm sure she'd know the drill.

But clearly she's been eyeing you off for a long time, how did this previously go unnoticed?

Ha ha "it's for the kunce squad" lol.

Farkin selfie sticks, my sister has one of those things. I will not be seen carrying one of those around.

I doubt it bro, I've never seen her before. I think she was just happy to see someone else training properly. Same of any of us are when we see it at a commercial gym.

Saw a chick that pretty much looked like Christy Mack....no shit....trained at my old gym today....

Saw a chick that pretty much looked like Christy Mack....no shit....trained at my old gym today....
Musta been hawt!
Saw a sheila out on friday night that looked like Anna Panquin. Maybe even better looking. Was a crazy resemblance. I was almost convinced it was her lol. Until I coincidentally ran into her at the bar. Coincendentally needing another drink at the same time. [emoji14]

So.. Been at the gym 5 mins. I'm on one bench there are 2 more to my left. The guy immediately to my left is doing seated lateral raises, the guy to his left is going db fly,
From what I can see there are 5 free weight benches not being utilised. What is wrong with these kunce?

I ignore anyone that tries to talk to me in the middle of a set. I'd say I've got another 10 sets just for him being a rude kunce to begin with
Except if its a hot lycra clad chick. I was in a middle of a 5.R.M Press when she just strolled up and asked casually how to get the T-Bar row 'thingy' working. With my arms quivering like aeroplane jelly, puffy red face, sweat streaming down my chest like tears, I barked out 'just stick that bar into that hole in the bracket! put a plate on and then you pull it!!'. I was half annoyed and half horny at the same time, which I didn't even think was possible.

I think she was just happy to see someone else training properly. Same of any of us are when we see it at a commercial gym.
+1 to that for sure. I always get a semi every time I see a young champ load up the bar in hot anticipation.. but once they start impersonating willy wonka I slink away with a mild grimace.

umm steve got dominated,and then the guy was pulling the fingers at him whilst doing his exercising.lol@forearm finger curls.wow.

Lol Gary.

Normally I would make a joke towards the guy but the other squat rack was free and I just wanted to get on with my workout.

Got the hots for one of the PTs at my local gym. At least there's an incentive for me to attend!

Not game enough to ask her out. Pretty sure she'll knock me back thou.