• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
That's it. I'm about to go to the gym with this in mind.
:cool:
And if I don't see anything I'm making sh*t up.

You don't need to make shit up. Just being more aware will make you see the weirdest things in most commercial gyms. Good to see more Brissy folks on here.

This is what I saw at the gym today, and just about every other day I get there!! An empty rack, platform and wall of bumpers!!

65a19f73-63ca-66ac.jpg

The two blokes I saw squatting on the smith machine were back last night.. put a pad on the smith bar me and another guy gave each other the knowing look about how funny it was... They then loaded up the bar... Looked around unloaded it and left wtf?

They then loaded up the bar... Looked around unloaded it and left wtf?
So did they acutally do any squats ?
seems like alot of the comm. gyms are just a reason to chuck on ther're Nike's and post on fb that "im off to smash some weights"
wat a joke, thank god i lift at home.

So did they acutally do any squats ?
seems like alot of the comm. gyms are just a reason to chuck on ther're Nike's and post on fb that "im off to smash some weights"
wat a joke, thank god i lift at home.

Nope they just sorted looked left and right muttered something to each other and walked off go figure

Saw a guy balancing on one of those half bosu ball things doing bicep curls using the cable machine........it was pretty awesome!!!!!

The things I miss by working out at home :-\

Damn straight, sometimes i think it is worth the gym fees and putting up with people hogging equipment and mobile phones and all the other crap just for the entertainment.....plus i still get through my workouts!!!!

Damn straight, sometimes i think it is worth the gym fees and putting up with people hogging equipment and mobile phones and all the other crap just for the entertainment.....plus i still get through my workouts!!!!

i went from home gym back to commercial gym and yes the entertainment is good and some of the chicks are hot but in a few months when my membership ends i think i'lll go back to my home gym. its just so much easier

The two blokes I saw squatting on the smith machine were back last night.. put a pad on the smith bar me and another guy gave each other the knowing look about how funny it was... They then loaded up the bar... Looked around unloaded it and left wtf?
20kg plate deadlifts?
gotta start somewhere :D

What I saw at the gym today was a bloke (huge traps) doing shrugs,
yeah and you say, well when I finished my session with my gym buddy following good old SS we looked over and he was still doing shrugs, I knew this bloke and asked him what he was doing and it was trap day, and was on his last set of 21 reps of 21 sets.

What I saw at the gym today was a bloke (huge traps) doing shrugs,
yeah and you say, well when I finished my session with my gym buddy following good old SS we looked over and he was still doing shrugs, I knew this bloke and asked him what he was doing and it was trap day, and was on his last set of 21 reps of 21 sets.

if hes got huge traps,

maybe hes doing something right?

Where'd they get the flooring from?
And dimensions of each piece if possible

Not sure on the dimensions but I'm pretty sure it's old conveyer belt. The platform has been there forever (as have the bumpers) !! I can measure when I'm there next if you like, but they look to be around 2400 x 1200 each (judging by the bar on the deck in the pic) and about an inch thick.