• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
u find some of the bigger/stronger guys are very down to earth and helpful. They let the weights do the talking.

Then again.. who deosn't like looking at a chick in lycra doing ANY exercise not to mention half squats!!

One day i want to be one of those dudes! LOL

My time will come!

mmm chocolate.

Theres a snap fitness, quick walk up the road, looks like i might be joining it :(:(:eek::'(

There's a new snap fitness opening up here tomorrow, I might check it out. $10 a week, no join up fee sounds pretty good. I'd never leave my uni gym though (I get free membership anyway :p)

There's a new snap fitness opening up here tomorrow, I might check it out. $10 a week, no join up fee sounds pretty good. I'd never leave my uni gym though (I get free membership anyway :p)

ive heard its decent, mines only $37 a month.

They have dumbells, benches, but they don't have a squat/power rack so no chance to do squats

oh ffs there i found out there is one thing worse then grunters in the gym , someone that whistles as they exhale

some tosser was on the bech press , every time he exhaled instead of grunting he whistled , sounded like postman fucking pat , i was ready to ark up at him it was giving me the shits big time

If some prick went off at me for making noise during my workout in a gym theyd be getting smacked across the face no matter how much they can squat. Fair enough if someone is actually getting in your way or whatever but if your distracted by someone grunting its your problem.

If some prick went off at me for making noise during my workout in a gym theyd be getting smacked across the face no matter how much they can squat. Fair enough if someone is actually getting in your way or whatever but if your distracted by someone grunting its your problem.

As long as its not stupid amounts. There is no need for it.

The thing that pisses me off the most at the moment is:

"SQUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEE" said by guys spotting people doing bicep curls in groups of 3-4. All taking in turns of repping and spotting.

and

"CMON BRO, ALL YOU BRO CMOOON. FINISH IT, FINISH IT... FUCK YEAH! SMASHED IT BRO"

Every session at my gym, usually by the same people.

There is 'bro' motivation and grunting. Both of which are over the top and done purely for attention purposes. Normally what is impressive to them (weight used, poor form, training noise, gym attire etc etc) is typically seen as a dickhead showing off to the 99% of others.

Then you have the people who are serious trainers, have purpose behind the way they train and if someone like them/me makes a little noise or gives (the wife in my case) a bit of a word of encouragement, that is fine in my book. It is not done for show, purely to make the workout the best it can be in everyway.

Just my opinion :)

As long as its not stupid amounts. There is no need for it.

The thing that pisses me off the most at the moment is:

"SQUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEE" said by guys spotting people doing bicep curls in groups of 3-4. All taking in turns of repping and spotting.

and

"CMON BRO, ALL YOU BRO CMOOON. FINISH IT, FINISH IT... FUCK YEAH! SMASHED IT BRO"

Every session at my gym, usually by the same people.

I understand its annoying but those dudes are aloud to give each other encouragement, i mean its a gym not a library.

I spent enough time in commercial gyms for all that to fade into the background noise along with the constant banging and dropping of weights and the crappy music ff plays.

Last edited:
Headphones people, you don't hear shit and you listen to music you like.

Also I saw kipping pullups........ on the assisted pullup machine. Slight chuckle with one of the regulars.

I understand its annoying but those dudes are aloud to be douchebags

I spent enough time in commercial gyms for all that to fade into the background noise along with the constant banging and dropping of weights and the crappy music ff plays.

Fixed, and now i agree lol.

I had a guy like that yesterday spotting my military press, aiming for 6-8 and told him, really struggling at the 6th and hes said "comone bro 4 more lets get 10". Started pissing myself with laughter cause it wasn't gunna happen.

Started a new temp job this week talking bout weights and that with some other kid sipping on my protein at lunch, he said "yeah I wanna hit the protein shakes and aim it at my back" Had a chuckle to myself and switch the convo back to work.

I had a guy like that yesterday spotting my military press, aiming for 6-8 and told him, really struggling at the 6th and hes said "comone bro 4 more lets get 10". Started pissing myself with laughter cause it wasn't gunna happen.

Started a new temp job this week talking bout weights and that with some other kid sipping on my protein at lunch, he said "yeah I wanna hit the protein shakes and aim it at my back" Had a chuckle to myself and switch the convo back to work.

why was someone spotting you on military press? That's like someone spotting you on deadlifts..

Supposedly he is not on the new season so he is technically not a detective anymore. Living the memories of the old days on random forums now.
I have no idea what your on about.

I just checked his e-mail address and his email had Eric.

Are you on drugs?