• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
The gym I go to has two tricep press down machines next to each other. Today I saw a guy standing on a half bouncy ball, holding both handles, doing an alternating row type thing.

I stopped and watched, waiting for him to loose balance and be shot into the wall like a slingshot.

I saw this PT who is into that crossfit stuff standing upright on a big blown up ball (forget what they are called) doing squats with no weights. The dude is a massive wanker but this was kinda impressive. I watched him start on his hands and knees and then get to a standing crouch and then start squatting in shock. Im not sure of the training benefits of this but like i said it looked bloody impressive considering i have trouble just sitting on one of those balls

There was this faily big dude at gym doing 1 arm DB rows with 20 pound dumbells.

I don't understand.

Even warming up on 50/60 pounds should be as light as you would want to go on that exercise.

He may have an injury and was seeing what the movement was feeling like. Ive had to do that before

He may have an injury and was seeing what the movement was feeling like. Ive had to do that before

OR maybe he was simply doing high rep, concentrated work super slow to really stretch the muscle out and try something different to 'feel it' (sometimes tough with back exercises)?

If you've never done these ( 8 second contraction, 8 seconds back down, fully stretched at the bottom, for 20 reps), you'll NEVER laugh at this again after doing them.

you could do 100 bicep curls with 1kg dumbbells and you will feel it, doesn't mean its useful though.

i measured my arms last night 16inches cold.. and only been doing 3 sets of barbell curls a week.. rest was all deads/bent over rows..

Still bigger than some guys ive seen at other gyms doing em 3 times a week..

I saw some fuckwits watching other people workout, wait... I was watching the fuckwits.

You cannot see how silly you look posting drivvel about what some other bloke is doing?

^^^ when i rest i can't help but to look around, and if i see something weird or funny i generally will watch.

Classic...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8CBqYqRj-o&feature=related]YouTube - ‪900 lbs Leg press done by 16 yr old Darryl‬‏[/ame]