• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
PT was making this poor bastard doing hang snatches... however she was too busy watching the clock instead of his form. He was pushing his knees right out in front and leaning forward onto his toes during the whole time.

He complained of knee pain, to which she said hmm then made him do some more...

imo no "normal" PT should be doing Olympic lifting. I consider myself reasonably competent in them (the power versions at least) but I still wouldn't give them to a client unless they asked for it.
That or they're my little brother :p

i used to think the swiss ball dumbell pressing was a bit odd. God does that thing use core stablizers or what.. I usually use 50kg DB's to press.. but on the swiss ball had to drop down to 40kg just so i didn't hurt myself by rolling to one side :D

I was the same.
Then saw them on DeFranco's YouTube channel, gave em a shot and made an arse out of my self!

Today at the gym i saw
1) a man drinking a large takeaway coffee while walking on the treadmill (it was just a leisurely stroll, rehab walk perhaps) and
2) a male trainer wearing a mid-drift, zip up spray jacket/windcheeter type thingy while training clients.

I used to get lower back pain from shoulder press (weak posterior chain...) and having my feet up on the bench kept my back flat and reduced the pain.

Didnt see at the gym, but fits the thread,

Dont know if you've got this radio add over east but in wa ""goodlife gyms"" have this add saying , join are gym and still enjoy your easter eggs.............

WTF???

the best radio ads I've found are on Radio Metro on the gold coast. I was streaming it in the shed when I had a mate here lifting and I warned him about the breast implant, fake tan and health club membership ads. Unfortunately mid squat a breast implant ad came on and his laughter almost caused him to lose it.

I've never heard so many ads for superficial shit in one place, but I guess that's the target audience on the gold coast?

imo no "normal" PT should be doing Olympic lifting. I consider myself reasonably competent in them (the power versions at least) but I still wouldn't give them to a client unless they asked for it.
That or they're my little brother :p

Agree. If I have a client wants to lift things over their head I hand ball them off to my O-lifting coach. Guess I just have more morals than most...

<on PT bash> training at a well known commerical gym with more mirrors that weights I watched a PT make his client perform a standing incline bench press (I think he was aiming for overhead but thats not important) After each set the bar got heavier & the client starting leaning back more & more, untill I heard a massive pop sound & he droped the bar. bye bye spinal disk.

Just to make it worse the PT says 'Oh well you will be right, go ice it & ill seya next week'

<off PT bash>

7am in my gym, I saw a guy wearing a belt doing machine bicep curls. Not sure how the belt was helping with that. really, a belt for bicep curls, on a machine?

Wait, ads are played in commercial gyms? I go to a commercial gym and it doesn't play ads only pop music.

Saw a guy using a belt while doing leg press, plank and all other crap.

This was months ago when i ditched my gym membership, but when i was there one arvo, they had some sort of 'special' promotion days, handing out free pizza to people... wtf seriously..

I saw a new member squatting, well done you are squatting i thought.

Warming up on 60KG, not bad not bad, half reps, bah thats ok just a warm up, hang on the poor bastard is shaking and has chicken legs.
Ahhh thank goodness he stops..... great he has seen the light, oh wait what the fuck? WHAT THE FUCK? He loads on another 20KG and repeats, oh deary me this boy is gonna blow an oring!
Ahh hang on he come to his senses i am SURE he will deload, no wait another 20KG! Oh great 100KG mr shakey.

It kept me amused. Kudos for having a go. I wanted to say something but was not sure, he might not like it.

I think you're better off saying something than not. Noone wants to see someone else get hurt just because they don't know better.

If he tells you where to go and hurts himself then it's all him.

Today I saw some skinny dude getting all pumped up and doing power cleans and front squats to the Spice Girls.

Oh wait, that skinny dude was me.

This would never happen if the gym routinely played good music, but they don't, so when the Spice Girls came one (whose music, under any other circumstance, I consider to be high treason and a crime against humanity) they actually sounded awesome by comparison.

LOL.

Took the week of gym to recharge the batteries, no stories as yet.

Did i mention the guy that does shoulders and biceps 3 times a week?

PS don't let the female trainers fool you! I took a complementary session and she certainly knew how to punish me