• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Someone else actually used the squat rack. Who would have thought!

They had left 2 plates on it (20kg each side), and they used the bitch pad, but still!

99% of the time, I'm the only one who ever uses it. The hall is like a ghost town most of the time, and when there is people in there, they use the bikes / treadmill / occasional free weights, and the rest of the equipment, but never use the rack.

guy saw me using a belt while squatting today, he got the gym belt and used it for calf raises...nice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x09utt7An6A]YouTube - belted calf raises[/ame]

LOL at the secret vid... :)

Edite: Just looked at vid again. His ROM is atrocious, not even going close to parallel let alone a deep stretch.

Don't knock the calf raises. They're good for a getting ROM back after an injury... ;)

I think they're also pretty good for improving Mobility for squats

I occasionally do them as a warm up, holding at the bottom for a few seconds to get a good stretch

is there something wrong with using belt on calf machine? (His ROM is disgusting and hes going way to fast to feel anything)
my gym only goes upto 100pounds on the machine and i was thinking of using a belt to add some wieght

is there something wrong with using belt on calf machine? (His ROM is disgusting and hes going way to fast to feel anything)
my gym only goes upto 100pounds on the machine and i was thinking of using a belt to add some wieght

He's not using the belt to add weight...

Just do it next to something you can hold onto with the other hand (which you'd work out by yourself pretty quick anyway lol)

I doubt that belt was adding more then 1kg.

saw a PT have a bloke doing these tonight... am i right in thinking this is ridiculous?
images

I bench like that occasionally. Haven't for a while though.
You lose a few kg because you have to worry more about balance.

Dunno what pros/cons there are of benching that way . . . Guess you would use more stabiliser muscles, though that's kinda offset by lack of weight and probably an increase chance of injury

I bench like that occasionally. Haven't for a while though.
You lose a few kg because you have to worry more about balance.

Dunno what pros/cons there are of benching that way . . . Guess you would use more stabiliser muscles, though that's kinda offset by lack of weight and probably an increase chance of injury

I don't see the point in it.. just turns it into an awkward exercise, dont see why it needs to be complicated. Just like people benching on a fitball

It removes leg drive and supposedly works your chest harder. I dunno how true it is though.

DB Benching on a Swisse Ball is hardcore. Brings in heaps of stabilizers. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Not sure about the chest thing . . . but feet up would require more stabilisers.
Might use it as an accessory.
Yeah, DB pressing on a Swiss ball is pretty full on. Good fun too :D

i used to think the swiss ball dumbell pressing was a bit odd. God does that thing use core stablizers or what.. I usually use 50kg DB's to press.. but on the swiss ball had to drop down to 40kg just so i didn't hurt myself by rolling to one side :D