• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'd wear Jeans to the gym, but I prefer to lift raw.

Saw old mate benching 145kg for triples. Didn't look like too much of a strain.

A free squat rack, a free bench and the rest of the room to myself. If the gym stays like that I will work out there all the time. Fucking awesome.

Not today . . . But a couple of odd ones.

The guy using the smith machine to bench . . . fair enough. Supinated grip? Hmmm . . . "yeah I think holding the bar this way makes it a bicep exercise" Fair enu- WHAT!?!?!?

Then there's the guy that I only ever see doing arm sessions whilst wearing about $500 worth of clothes, from a v-neck tee to jeans and poofy looking shoes. And to think he gave me a funny look cos I was bare feet in footy shorts and a wifebeater that's been ripped in 3 places :p

I wish I could do that at our gym, but they have the benches back to back in this stupid order.

Could always do what I do - start with the bar on the bench and row from there (kinda like a box in a box squat). I find it helps (slightly) with me cheating too much

A fuckign rude ass PT that walks in front of me to grab a plate , I mean right in front when I'm squatting. Rude little prick. I had to stop and balance my self with weight on my shoulders so I WOULDN'T HIT HIM..

Fing Genesis

I would have KO'd him with the bar, completed my sets, then given him a serve when he finally came to.
One of the things you're taught as a PT is general gym etiquette etc so clearly the guy is just a d*ckwad

Last edited:
Just warming up with some stretches in the vicinity of the squat rack.

I witness a guy put on a belt, then the gloves and then set up the bar with 5kg plates on either side to... wait for it. Bicep curl. -_-

The guy using the smith machine to bench . . . fair enough. Supinated grip? Hmmm . . . "yeah I think holding the bar this way makes it a bicep exercise" Fair enu- WHAT!?!?!?

I do reverse grip benches in the Smith. A very effective way to isolate and heavily load the triceps without the fear of guillotining yourself, if you're no good at RGB.

A fuckign rude ass PT that walks in front of me to grab a plate , I mean right in front when I'm squatting. Rude little prick. I had to stop and balance my self with weight on my shoulders so I WOULDN'T HIT HIM..

Fing Genesis

Genesis at Gosford? if you think they fucked, try planet fitness, trainers there are mass douches.

ok at club lame.

Walked in ... 3 squat racks taken up by ppl doing bb bicep curls, i made my point very clear to each one that this is a squat rack. me. " hey how many sets u got left coz id like to use this rack to squat which is its intended purpose" them... bewildered look on there face coz i said the word squat...

then i saw 2 guys both with nicely gelled hair and tap out shirts no sign of sweat on them doing upright rows with 30kg wearing wraps and a belt!!!! WTF!!!!

ok at club lame.

Walked in ... 3 squat racks taken up by ppl doing bb bicep curls, i made my point very clear to each one that this is a squat rack. me. " hey how many sets u got left coz id like to use this rack to squat which is its intended purpose" them... bewildered look on there face coz i said the word squat...

Maybe I'm rolling in the wrong crowd... But everytime someone is rowing or curling in the only squat rack, I simply say "I need you to do those off the floor, I'm squatting". And they always, without fail, just walk off. Maybe I intimidate them...

Do you guys actually have a problem with curlers not moving when you ask them too? Or do you just not ask?

if there was only one id tell them to get out of it for sure. none of them were intimidating.. i only had t owait 5 minutes to get a rack... was still quite amusing.

the australian one is a different franchise i think, my nearest planet fitness has a platform with a full set of eleikos...

Shiiiiit, gosford doesn't even have a power rack. One oly bb in the whole place, and that is on hte only bench. When i visited with a mate, i was blasted for taking it for deadies hahaha

lol wow. It also has a 'free weights' section with a power rack, ghr, kegs...

Shit thing about planet fitness though is that their prices are so low. They can pack the place out at lunch time. I shudder to think what monday night would be like.