• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Today at gym, I saw the Olympic lifting platform go in place of some new machines... there's an incline bench press machine, some tricep machine (i think) and a second cable row!

lol

Pwned_by_whale.jpg

as in your home gym? What happened next?

Tell her to train with you ha, trust me

Yep my home gym :)
She plays Netball 4 days a week so she doesn't really have the time to train.
Me and her might go running once a week after she comes back from her holiday.

Pics might come up in a few weeks or months :p Be paitent

I saw something very odd today while I was warming up today. Someone was on the bench press, with 15kg loaded on one side, and nothing loaded on the other. He then proceded to try and hold the light side up without moving the arm on that side, and bench only with the loaded side. I have no doubt that this was difficult, but I can't see how it could have possibly been more useful than just loading up each side evenly and benching normally.

I saw something very odd today while I was warming up today. Someone was on the bench press, with 15kg loaded on one side, and nothing loaded on the other. He then proceded to try and hold the light side up without moving the arm on that side, and bench only with the loaded side. I have no doubt that this was difficult, but I can't see how it could have possibly been more useful than just loading up each side evenly and benching normally.

He couldn't have just tried benching with a single dumbbell???

an old fella doing 35kg brocurls with e-z bar, wasnt sure if he was trying to work bi's or his back with all the movement

an old fella doing 35kg brocurls with e-z bar, wasnt sure if he was trying to work bi's or his back with all the movement

I love seeing those, especially when people do it with the 15-20kg bars. Just makes me feel really good about myself. :D

Today i went to the gym at 8am thats when all the old people are in there, i was warming up squatting just the bar and this old guy said stop showing off we would all get crushed lifting that LOL. Anyway i built upto squatting 110 and all the old people were watching me, made me feel uncomfortable haha

This is a true story - happened early this afternoon.

Didn't know where to post this but kinda relevant here I guess.

Anhyhow there is a new gym (Planet Fitness) that opened up not far from me and I got told about a huge special for a one year membership ($287 for a year)
Anyhow I go to check it out and I ask the girl behind the counter if I can take a look around and she says ok.

Usual stuff, plenty of treadmills and other cardio stuff and also the usual machines + benches you know the deal. I did notice there was no "Power Rack" so i proceeded to ask the girl why no power rack and she gave me a puzzled look as if to say "WTF is a power rack?

She said I will get the manager for you. I say Ok.
So again I asked "The manager" why no power rack and he said "I have never heard of a power rack"
Well where can I do my squats and he pointed to the Smith machine, I said no I want to do free barbell squats and he said we have a squat thingy.

I LOL'ed hard at this stage and i said, would you like me to e-mail you a photo of a power rack"
He did not answer and walked away.

What has this world come too?

I complained at another gym that the power rack wasn't secure and was pressed against a glass window.

Had to go point out the 1 rack they have in the gym to the 2 girls because they had no idea what I was on about.

Too funny, some people have no idea, and they call themselves personal trainers.

What a waste....

Saw a funny thing today in my home gym today, I started my six week cutting routine(http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-training-discussions/9219-lose-fat-maintain-muscle.html), 8 exercises, 30 reps 1 set for week one, got to the end, looked up into the gym mirror and saw a guy gasping for air looking like he was having a heart attack, then realised it was me:p

Seriously still feeling a bit queezy, thought I was going to vomit at one stage, and my muscles are shaking at the moment, not looking forward to next week when I have to do 40 reps with the same weight:eek: or to tomorrows HIIT for that matter, this will be tough.....

Last edited:
remember recovery takes longer on a cut, don't burn out prematurely.

Interesting, thought recovery is quicker due to the light weights, I did not recover too well doing heavy sets, only managed to train twice a week by the end, and still was not fully recovering:confused:

Will see how it goes...HIIT and interval running tomorrow, check my work log for progress:)

I saw a lazy PT not even train today and instead eat lunch and watch two episodes of the shield on the TV. Oh wait that was me.

How much weight did you cut from your lifts Mick?

Today, I saw, a gym filled to it's brim at peak hour ...

With the free weights section virtually empty :cool:

I should start going in at prime time more often, more chicks on the cardio equipment and emptier in the places I actually use.

Interesting, thought recovery is quicker due to the light weights, I did not recover too well doing heavy sets, only managed to train twice a week by the end, and still was not fully recovering:confused:

Will see how it goes...HIIT and interval running tomorrow, check my work log for progress:)
Obviously you will recover from light much easier but smashing yourself to the point of vomitting repeatedly on a cut even with light weights you could risk burning out.

At the end of the day though, only you know how you feel, just keep it in mind.

The gym I go to gets a lot of new people around this time of year, so some of the stuff I see makes me want to cry.

e.g. Today:
Guy doing side bends in the squat rack with people actually waiting to use it
Three 15yr old kids wearing henley's t-shirts walk into the gym, head straight to the barbell rack, pull out the 7.5kg barbell, pump out 10 of the worst reps I've ever seen, drop it on the floor then walk off.

/rage

2 of my members threw up from squatting and sled work.
After i told them to not drink on sunday. Oh wellz ..
im happy they even turned up today and also for not throwing up outside the gym but on the street. :D