• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Can I ask why its a prob if ppl straight bar curl in a power rack when no1 else is using it?

Can I ask why its a prob if ppl straight bar curl in a power rack when no1 else is using it?

I have absoluetly no problem with people curling in a power cage. It is however really fricken annoying when someone stays in there for 10 sets while you are waiting to squat though.

You can curl anywhere but you can only squat in the power cage.

Just my oppinion...

Wouldnt bother me unless there was someone else waiting to use it for something that cant be done outside of the power rack.

I have more of an issue with people who are using it for squats etc but go for walks between sets to talk to mates and f$#k around for ages in between sets when they can see that you are patiently waiting to use it to begin your days workout. Not much you can do about it but a bit of courtesy isnt to hard to show to fellow lifters.... We can all dream

ae36bdf1_f4b5_8c1d.jpg

Wouldnt bother me unless there was someone else waiting to use it for something that cant be done outside of the power rack.

I have more of an issue with people who are using it for squats etc but go for walks between sets to talk to mates and f$#k around for ages in between sets when they can see that you are patiently waiting to use it to begin your days workout. Not much you can do about it but a bit of courtesy isnt to hard to show to fellow lifters.... We can all dream

Just ask them if you can use it in between sets.
Some guys will huff and puff but almost all will let you. Can even offer to spot as icing on the cake ;)

Fuck I wish I'd filmed some of the "episodes" we had in the gym with lifters who had no gym etiquette.

It would seem I am slightly confused.

I thought he was squatting but just taking ages lol.

If he's curling tell him to f*ck off

Yes! saw someone curling in the squat rack today. played cricket with this brah when we were 15/16, he is looking pretty ripped but is the exact same size lol! should be squatting in the squat rack! (no hate)

I got asked to "spot" a guy doing seated dumbell presses.

If I was quicker, I should have said "So you want me to help lift the weight for you because it's too heavy to lift yourself?".

I got asked to "spot" a guy doing seated dumbell presses.

If I was quicker, I should have said "So you want me to help lift the weight for you because it's too heavy to lift yourself?".
shouldve told him to be a real man and do military press

Another one for curling in the squat rack.

Doing 21's with the olympic bar and had 2.5kg on either end. I knew the guys so i ask "how do you find using the olympic bar for curls?"

he replies "heaps better hey, theres already alot more weight just with the bar and its takes more muscle and concentration to control such a long bar"

i just agreed then asked how long they would be.

ok, you guys are going to cream your pants over this one....

saw a man mountain in the gym on new years eve, must have been at least 6 foot 6 and over 150kgs, baseball mitts for hands.

started on deadlifts, 4 plates on both sides, lifted it like the bar was empty. went on to 5 plates, then 6, then 7. at this point, there wasn't actually any room left on the bar (with clips anyway). he did 3 reasonably quick reps at 7 plates. his chins were all bloodied up as he scraped them open on the first set. his form was pretty decent, back slightly curved, but he was the sort of guy who looked like he couldn't injure himself even if he did 10 plates

he then moved on to squats, 6 plates on both sides eventualy. they were only quarter squats tho, i was expecting better... still pretty damn strong tho

impressive deadlifting. His back will always be slightly curved because of his height.

talking about training on NYE.. I walked into my gym and before entering the door i noticed people staring at me as i walked in (they were on the way to the fireworks).
I was like WTF u staring at and remembered i must look like a complete obsessive nut to those guys .. :D