• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah I can't stand people stuck on their phone. You're there to lift heavy shit, not commenting 'lol' on cat photos. Leave it in the locker. Especially bad when they're on their phone for no real reason, hogging equipment.

Yeah I can't stand people stuck on their phone. You're there to lift heavy shit, not commenting 'lol' on cat photos. Leave it in the locker. Especially bad when they're on their phone for no real reason, hogging equipment.

I was considering putting up some funny cat pictures on the wall in my gym, in the interest of efficiency.

Then I can just look up mid set, and laugh. Out loud and everything.

Yeah far too many on phones in most gyms, luckily where I go most seem to work in an office and surprisingly are in the gym to workout so leave their phones in their bags......WINNING!!!!!

Check out out the weight the little youg chick is DLing (100kg), didnt even break a sweat.
She put the shoestring singlet and Alibaba pants duo to shame.

001265 001.jpg

^^^ that's awesome!

Nothing wrong with phones in gym IMO. I use mine mainly for music but can stuff around between sets or while doing LISS cardio. I wouldn't use it in the middle of a tough set of anything obviously. If you can do that, then you are not working hard enough.

Nice deadlift.

What's with the other kunce in the background? Stringer singlets and trackpants... Every day is upper body day?

Tested out my uni's gym today. It was the middle of the day, so not a lot of people around, but of the ones who were there, I was actually quite impressed. There was a high ratio of girls lifting, and not just going through the motions but putting some serious effort in. One girl deadlifted 35kg, and I was impressed by her technique and the fact that she at least had some weight on the bar. She then told me that she had recently injured her piriformis, so she was keeping it light as her first day back, meaning that she's actually used to putting something more than that on the bar. One girl was pressing about 30kg and doing chin ups. One girl bridged somewhere between 60 and 80kg.

Well i spotted a summer newbie today. he (chubby) wore shorts/singlet/headband and wristband.

Proceeded to do Dumbell bicep curls (why am i not surprised) with 5kgs on each side and started grunting like it he was giving birth.

Did 6 reps dumped the dumbells with a loud bang from shoulder length and then got up and wiped his face with the wristband. :rolleyes:

I love these guys, nothing like having a good hearty laugh between your sets. Only time it really frustrates me is when they are hogging machines for the wrong purpose (curling in the squat rack). Last week saw a kid taking dozens of photos of his friend, and video recording him curl 30kg in the squat rack.

5am this morning (Saturday morning) bro walks in gym, dressed in tight black t-shirt, tight black jeans, black Julius Marlows and hair gelled back like he'd just come home from clubbing. Walks into change rooms comes out wearing gym clothes. Proceeds to do a few sets of d/b benches, d/b inclines and pec decs. Goes back in change rooms, comes back out wearing his clubbing clobber and walks out of gym with a good chest pump. Off to the missus's house I assume.

A bro at his finest :D

Oh yeah, the kent was dropping the weights after every set, he had no visible back whatsoever!