• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
[MENTION [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION];[/MENTION] it appears no one has been near a gym as were all waiting for this epic story of yours so could you please enlighten us all

What epic story? Is no epic story.
Just offered Headley a tested gym approach for that chick he fancies, that's all, not a big story for every kunce in the village.

Gym completely empty, spotted 5 wheels a side on a barbell smack bang in the middle of the floor in the weights room. Looked like some kunce had been doing some heavy deadlifts there.

Apparently strong enough to pull a 220kg deadlift but not strong enough to put the plates and the bar back when he was finished with it. Fuckwit.

Nothing new to report here either, just another lucky legs training barefoot with massive cans on his head, grunting away doing seated dumbell curls in the squat rack. Typical Sunday really.

But I thought we were all getting a sample Grunta?

i shouldn't laugh but it was funny
this guy hits the gym for the 1st time , could tell he was a newbie by the look of fear on his face
so he strolls over to the 45 leg press and proceeds to take all the weights off and puts them on the floor , he had 3-4 stacks as i glanced over it thought what the fuck is this guy doing , he proceeds to take more and more plates off , then it hits me , the guy was taking the weights off thinking that they were on the sleigh and he wouldn't bad able to push 1000pounds plus

after chuckling to myself i had to tell the guy that the weights were on the rack not on the sleigh

i shouldn't laugh but it was funny
this guy hits the gym for the 1st time , could tell he was a newbie by the look of fear on his face
so he strolls over to the 45 leg press and proceeds to take all the weights off and puts them on the floor , he had 3-4 stacks as i glanced over it thought what the fuck is this guy doing , he proceeds to take more and more plates off , then it hits me , the guy was taking the weights off thinking that they were on the sleigh and he wouldn't bad able to push 1000pounds plus

after chuckling to myself i had to tell the guy that the weights were on the rack not on the sleigh

Do you think it's "safe" for people like this wandering into a gym with no clue of what to do? Shouldn't the gym have a duty of care to induct every new member regardless of experience? I haven't been in a "gym" for awhile so I'm not sure how it works, I mean, we all have to start somewhere, but if you don't know, you don't know, where does the liability lie? With the gym? Or the client for not speaking up?

Good point high road. I know at one of the 24/7 gyms that I used to train at from conversations with one of the PT's there, she told me that even if they saw a member doing an exercise incorrectly they were permitted from going to speak to that member and providing advice on technique/form as that would detract from the PT side of the business. So potentially it would depend upon the contract / agreement the member signs upon joining.

I'd imagine a good percentage of them have holes in them like a piece of swiss cheese.

I also realise that this isn't the case at ALL gyms - just sharing an experience I have relating to the above post.

Last couple of places I've joined have made me do an induction. They're fine for an experienced person but usually too brief for a novice

Do you think it's "safe" for people like this wandering into a gym with no clue of what to do? Shouldn't the gym have a duty of care to induct every new member regardless of experience? I haven't been in a "gym" for awhile so I'm not sure how it works, I mean, we all have to start somewhere, but if you don't know, you don't know, where does the liability lie? With the gym? Or the client for not speaking up?

we have had this talk with the instructors at the gym , management have told them not to interfere, not because of personal trainers but more to do with insurance or something like that , we couldn't work out how letting someone use the equipment wrong compared to showing them how to use the equipment somehow disrupts insurance my way of thinking is that by letting the person fuck up is more damaging to insurance

you would think that the gym would have a duty of care

it's a strange world

we have had this talk with the instructors at the gym , management have told them not to interfere, not because of personal trainers but more to do with insurance or something like that , we couldn't work out how letting someone use the equipment wrong compared to showing them how to use the equipment somehow disrupts insurance my way of thinking is that by letting the person fuck up is more damaging to insurance

you would think that the gym would have a duty of care

it's a strange world

Indeed!

I guess if it comes down to it, you did it the way you thought you should do it and hurt yourself, that's on your head. As opposed to you did it the way we showed you how to do it and hurt yourself, that's now on us.

Last edited:
at my gym, beginners are only shown how to use the Nautilus machines, cables and smith machines by the teenage "PT"s. I was under the impression that this was the norm for commercial gyms.

At my gym people are shown the light switch and the doof box.

Or they would be if anyone came. Last guy wanted to do 35 different curls so I'm reluctant to try again.

The gyms brand new set of Ivanko bumpers, with a sign above them "not to be dropped above knee height". I think I get the 'intent' with unnecessary dropping....but why waste a few thousand on them if they're not even allowed to be used for their purpose?

PT walking around the gym wearing a shiny new pair of AdiPowers, getting his client to do step ups and box jumps etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yesterday a quite tidy female specimen wearing the tightest OR thinnest pair of compression/yoga pants that everytime she bent over they became see through.....she did a lot of bending over and stretching, I did a lot of looking.......

Similar story at my gym this morning. One particularly fine girl wearing some compressions with writing so small you really had to lean down and stare closely at her ass to read... not that you'd be reading it anyway.