• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
wasn't today but a while back i saw a guy under 70kgs i reckon decline bench press 110+ for atleast 8 reps. for 3 sets. He was impressive considering it was a uni gym. Although it was a smith machine :p

$10 for causal entry is nothing.

Agreed (I've paid up to $25 casually) - and actually the place is quite special. 4 separate rooms/tunnels full of industrial strength equipment, clean showers, not too crowded, serious vibe with some big fellas to push you along.

I'm a fan.

Was talking to a bloke in the gym and he was talking about how serious hes taking bodybuilding and his diet. He left 10 minutes before me and as i was driving home i see him walking down the pathway puffin on a smoke lol.

haha thats funny...
there was an asian dude doing oly stuff.everyday at my old gym...he would.have a ciggy before and after the workout.

Was talking to a bloke in the gym and he was talking about how serious hes taking bodybuilding and his diet. He left 10 minutes before me and as i was driving home i see him walking down the pathway puffin on a smoke lol.

Yeah while i dont really like smoking etc etc, i see what it has to do with BBing or Dieting, in fact in the years gone past i have actually heard of some bber's take up smoking during contest prep as it elevates heart rate and they believe helps drop BF....:eek:

This is seperate to all the other health issues associated with smoking.....

Yeah while i dont really like smoking etc etc, i see what it has to do with BBing or Dieting, in fact in the years gone past i have actually heard of some bber's take up smoking during contest prep as it elevates heart rate and they believe helps drop BF....:eek:

This is seperate to all the other health issues associated with smoking.....

Yer fair enough, ive talked to some bodybuilders that say they smoke weed a fair bit.

My home gym....
My husband wanted to start lifting weights. He hasn't done squats before so decided to train him today. Found mobility issues in his hips and shoulders, when I started showing him mobility stretches, he told me he doesn't want to waste time with that and he just wants to lift..... he changed his mind quite quickly when he realised he wasn't even mobile enough to hold the bar during a squat. So.... 1.5hrs later he got to do his first squat....

My home gym....
My husband wanted to start lifting weights. He hasn't done squats before so decided to train him today. Found mobility issues in his hips and shoulders, when I started showing him mobility stretches, he told me he doesn't want to waste time with that and he just wants to lift..... he changed his mind quite quickly when he realised he wasn't even mobile enough to hold the bar during a squat. So.... 1.5hrs later he got to do his first squat....

Haha sorry sounds quite comical though lol.

Heh, damn that ego, eh? ;)

Awesome that you've got the guy lifting though. Congrats, to you both. I got my girl picking up lumps of iron and putting them back down too - strangely, she's also finding this bizarre primitive practise addictive! :p

Great that squats are at or near the start of it all for him, as well. :cool:

Haha sorry sounds quite comical though lol.
I'm surprised I didn't rip my hair out!

Heh, damn that ego, eh? ;)

Awesome that you've got the guy lifting though. Congrats, to you both. I got my girl picking up lumps of iron and putting them back down too - strangely, she's also finding this bizarre primitive practise addictive! :p

Great that squats are at or near the start of it all for him, as well. :cool:
WTG with getting your girlfriend to lift! Its hard work with girls!:cool:

My husband works FIFO so a routine is hard, but he has a start and hopefully I have ignited something in him!:D

New gym today, an Anytime Fitness branch
Went after work and EVERY SINGLE PERSON was either doing bench or arms
EVERYONE
Then a guy asked ME what I did for triceps in the car park after I had finished training saying he had been watching me
>asking 0ni what he does for arms
>implying my triceps are good
>asking me what I do for arms
>i seriously hope you guys don't do this
>ISHYGDDT
>ISHIGGIDY DIGGIDY DO