• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The power of RAW!!

As I said in my first post in the thread, my issue is with the overconsumption portion, nothing else.

And that was generally my point. The companies can advertise 100% beef with varied fat contents (as I believe was pointed out earlier in the thread, around 20-30% of a McDonald's burger is fat?), and nobody can say different. It's beef, just a large portion of beef fat... which is fine, if it fits your macros. Most of the time, for the calories, it won't... and a huge proportion of people just don't care.

You'll notice the websites specify chicken breast for their chicken products, even though people have no issues with eating thigh & leg meat from chickens. It's a wonderfully sly marketing tactic.

Plus, tendons are delicious when prepared correctly, but I can honestly say I've never heard of anybody sitting down to a tasty bowl of arteries and veins :p

mate i agree with the over consumption of portion size, Like i said earlier my prefered maccas meal is like 4000 calories, Thats 2 days woth of food in one sitting for me, And would never hit the macros i need. and i could to that twice a day easyyyyyy

Re the tendons ect. Its actually a very regualr meal in parts of italy and many others around the world. Us westeners are very very wastefull. , Good vimatims and trace minirals from thoese parts. EVERYTHING in moderation.

Last edited:
mate i agree with the over consumption of portion size, Like i said earlier my prefered maccas meal is like 4000 calories, Thats 2 days woth of food in one sitting for me, And would never hit the macros i need. and i could to that twice a day easyyyyyy

Re the tendons ect. Its actually a very regualr meal in parts of italy and many others around the world. Us westeners are very very wastefull. , Good vimatims and trace minirals from thoese parts. EVERYTHING in moderation.
Whats your 4000 cals maccas meal? Sounds like a cheat meal I could use once a week :D

I'd actually eat tendons on a regular basis if I could get them here, lol. Also marrow, and all of that stuff.

My mom is Italian and my wife is German, plus I've traveled a lot and my stomach is made of steel, so I've tried a lot of stuff most others wouldn't have, heh.

For my last comp prep I ate my broccoli raw. This i had not done in past diets and apart from actually tasting better i believe it allowed my to retain some extra strength while lowering the carbs. I would also have dry oats with my egg whites, fish and broccoli. I would just mix the dry oats in while the egg whites where still warm and they would absorb some of the moisture taking the dryness out of it. This also has the ability to make you feel much fuller which is critical during the last 4 to 6 weeks of a comp prep, negating some of the cravings.

For my last comp prep I ate my broccoli raw. This i had not done in past diets and apart from actually tasting better i believe it allowed my to retain some extra strength while lowering the carbs. I would also have dry oats with my egg whites, fish and broccoli. I would just mix the dry oats in while the egg whites where still warm and they would absorb some of the moisture taking the dryness out of it. This also has the ability to make you feel much fuller which is critical during the last 4 to 6 weeks of a comp prep, negating some of the cravings.

Very intresting- I didnet think there would be any diffrerance in eating cooked or raw oats- As once there in the stomach they will get broken down the same way?

Brocolli- if boiled- I can understand, and some nutrients would be lost in the water, Hence why i steam my veg now days.

why do you think it lowered the carbs? you mean on the food or your diet?

Cheers

Very intresting- I didnet think there would be any diffrerance in eating cooked or raw oats- As once there in the stomach they will get broken down the same way?

Brocolli- if boiled- I can understand, and some nutrients would be lost in the water, Hence why i steam my veg now days.

why do you think it lowered the carbs? you mean on the food or your diet?

Cheers

Hey Sydking,

The only difference i found with eating my oats raw was the ability to feel fuller and also the difference in taste which is welcome while dieting for 14 weeks. Also i like to eat partly to the Paleo type diet as i believe our bodies are designed to eat things more raw then cooked (just my opinion). The only thing i dont eat raw is frozen fish and chicken. Love raw steak, salmon etc.

While i was lowering carbs during my comp prep.