• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Looking pretty poor compared to Ink81's awesome bench... but i managed a rep PB today of 120kg x 2 ... After not benching for a while i can attribute this to Spritcha's guidance on bench setup and bar path (especially bar path).

NFT, what did you do to your bar path? I remember spritcha telling of two setups - metal militia and japanese. Japanese I believe is bar straight up and down. Which did you do / what did you change?

And Ink... yeah staggering, nice work.

NFT, what did you do to your bar path? I remember spritcha telling of two setups - metal militia and japanese. Japanese I believe is bar straight up and down. Which did you do / what did you change?

And Ink... yeah staggering, nice work.

I went for the Japanese setup to get a better arch, although i think i was setting up reasonably well before, but I went for the non japanese bar bath, moving it up and back. Previously i was pushing it more straight up and down and not finding the leverage 'sweet spot' ... Having found that, i think with a spotter (I was a bit nervous trying 120kg without one), I'd be good for 125.

Ink, Martin - I tip my hat to you - Nice work fella's :)

Mine seems a bit poor in comparison but had a really good session today.

DB Bench:
Latter 2 sets x 10 @ 32.5kg (New PB)

Reverse wrist curls (over bench)
4 x 10 @ 15kg (New PB)

Wrist curls behind back:
4 x 10 @ 35kg (New PB)

Hit a rep PB of 1x5 @ 50kg for DB bench
And I'll call my 3x5 on the GHR a PB since I've never done them before, not sure my legs straightened enough because I felt like my feet would slip out and I'd go over the front ..(damn long legs)

Really suprised myself today normally been doing squats @ 90kg for 10 reps - Todays session started off like this:

Squats:
90 x 10
100 x 10 (New PB)
105 x 10 (New PB)
110 x 10 (New PB) - Last rep was a bit shaky but got there without my spotter having to assist so very happy indeed

Probably going to be sore tomorrow but feeling pretty good overall...

Just got back into squats after years of being squatless! (Damn bad physio advice!)

130kg SQUAT
110kg BOX SQUAT
170kg DL
@ 110kg BW

Off to a good start I think! :)

Hit 2 sets x 10 of 25kg DB shoulder press today - Felt pretty good, always nice having a spotter should you need one - probably a very slight bit of assistance on the last rep of each set but other than that held good form and felt solid throughout.

Im so sleepy today. Booked a night in at a luxury hotel/massage tomorrow night with the wife as a reward :)

Not me personally, but my cousin improved his bench to 85kg (he's like a Scott if he was only 70kg)
And Emma has squatted 125kg and benched 85kg (single ply) in the last 3 days) which are 5 and 10kg PBs respectively

The guy i train with has managed to hit 80kg x 10 for squats with pretty good depth @ 78kg around 3 months after doing a squat for the first time, and this was after a 10km 45 minute run and a 10 minute cycle and an hours general workout (not legs though).

Better progression than i made at that point!
At least i still kick his ass cycling, benching and deadlifting :)

Improved my Bench PB and Incline DB Bench today also...

Bench Press - up from 60kg previous best -
65kg x 10 (New PB) Did this with some left in the tank so added a little more
67.5kg x 9 (Failure) Getting up towards that BW Bench press - hopefully a month or so i'll be there.

Incline DB Bench Press:
27.5kg x 10 / 8 / 7 (First set was a new PB)