• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Nice. Its a whole different beast aint it.

Tim.

Oh, I've done front squats before but never tested my 1RM but yes your right it's a whole different beast indeed. I was happy with 100kg as thats what i thought i'd like to get going into testing, it was a grind but i got it out, still significantly different to my back squat 1RM though...

Yeah the 1rm test is more what I was refering to aye. Brutal.

I got 100kg myself a few weeks ago. Was easy so went to 120 and didnt even get out of the hole haha

Tim.

190 kg deadlift this morning as my new PB. (hehe, I have to modify my signature accordingly)

Last edited:
Yeah the 1rm test is more what I was refering to aye. Brutal.

I got 100kg myself a few weeks ago. Was easy so went to 120 and didnt even get out of the hole haha

Tim.

Oh, my bad - brutal sums it up nicely... I tried 1 more lift after the 100kg as well went for a (105kg) and same thing - didn't even get out of the hole. Nice work on getting the 100kg also mate.

@taurus; Cheers man, i feel heaps more confident squatting with the new shoes and am probably going to get a lever belt in the next few weeks which will help my back squats.

Nice Deadlift @Shorr; well done man

Great deadlift. Thats starting to get up there mate!! Speaking of deadlifts im about to go and make a hell of a lot of noise in the hamilton island gym doing just that haha.

Yeah re the front squat, im working up with 8's at the moment. Thats some nasty shit. 85x8 on monday is the plan.

Tim.

Great deadlift. Thats starting to get up there mate!! Speaking of deadlifts im about to go and make a hell of a lot of noise in the hamilton island gym doing just that haha.

Yeah re the front squat, im working up with 8's at the moment. Thats some nasty shit. 85x8 on monday is the plan.

Tim.

Deadlifting at the hamilton island gym was the worst. Being on holidays I didnt bring my chalk, and the humidity made the bar all lubed up.
Good luck.

Deadlifting at the hamilton island gym was the worst. Being on holidays I didnt bring my chalk, and the humidity made the bar all lubed up.
Good luck.

Sorted it out. 152.5x8x3. First set was challenging on the grip...paper towel there after. Ended up pulling 180kg from a 100mm deficit (reebok step thingo).

Staff didnt mind at all either. Good kids.

Tim.

I'm sure this PB hasn't been mentioned, the most times I have ever had the flu in a year so far...fucking sick of being sick!!! Gettin in the way of training!!

I bulged a disc about 2 years ago, never been 100%. Usually gives me a bit of grief after a session like that, I can feel it this morning, not really when i'm walking around, but when I sit down, and relax my mid section, leaning forward I can definitely notice it.

Squats 200 x 3. Legs handling the weight no problems, back is limiting what I stack on the bar atm....

:rolleyes: Nice work man... Rock solid - especially seeing thats limited by your back problem, solid lifting indeed... Well done :)

Hit 130kg squat x 3 today, after 4 sets at 100kg decided to see how far I could push myself. Not huge numbers compared to most of the guys here but I'm pretty happy with it.