• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Just starting out here (first post!).

90kg squat (98kg bw, 5'11"). Been lifting for around 2 months, onward and upward to get closer to you guys!

Cheers

Like Silentmalek, first post here (been lurking for a while). Hi!

Completed a 5-3-1 cycle (lazy version, no accessory work) just before Xmas and had a week off. Made a 1RM attempt today on the squat and hit 132.5, a 7.5kg gain over my previous best. A little disappointed that the gain wasn't higher but I guess that's what I get for doing the lazy version…

85kg bw (probably closer to 90 after the Xmas week…) & been lifting seriously for around 12 months (coming from crossfit).

Will go for a deadlift tomorrow (assuming I can still walk).

190kg deadlift for a new post-injury best and matching my old best. Did it after 10x3x92% (137.5kg) on squats and benching to a max which was a marathon 3.5 hour session. Feels pretty nice to use weights above what I totalled in my meet in August for volume.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRtAMik7xYc]190kg deadlift - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, I'm using straps. Yes, I lost my footing. Deal with it

If you want people to stop being a dick to you Oni. Drop the attitude.

Good work on the pb, but the last bit makes you sound like a cocky fuck.

single ply, 305kg. 5kg PB

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVV5t7dN1VE]PTC Brisbane - Scott squats 305kg - YouTube[/ame]

Has your training changed at all since moving from raw to single ply?
inb4 check your log

Regarding PRs on Smolov, I was having a think,

A 10x3 weight is going to be roughly 85% for the "average" person or your 5RM for nearly everyone.
So on the very last day of the program, if you divide the weight you use for 10x3 by 0.85 then that will roughly be the weight you can do for 1 rep