• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
60kg x 5reps OHP. For a +4 rep PB. Incidentally 60kg is now my tested 1RM and also 5RM as I haven't tested my OHP 1RM since pressing 60 for a single a few months back.

Ahhhh I misunderstood your post. I thought you did a wrist hold one arm with a 40kg vest!! I almost did a hernia trying to one up you! Lol

after reading this I had a crack. Nearly!
One hand Chinup +40kg attempt at 80kg - YouTube
[MENTION=10878]jj80[/MENTION]; check out the beast skills website for progressions. And yes it is BLOODY hard!

Also pb for pistol squats for me.
Start of today have never done one before.
Finished with +24kgx1 on right leg

Nothing crazy - but did a 137.5kg close grip for afew the other day.

Could prob smack out 150-155kg for a max

after reading this I had a crack. Nearly!
One hand Chinup +40kg attempt at 80kg - YouTube
@jj80 ; check out the beast skills website for progressions. And yes it is BLOODY hard!

Also pb for pistol squats for me.
Start of today have never done one before.
Finished with +24kgx1 on right leg
Thanks JZ, I've actually seen that before, it's been an obsession of mine and I think I've read most of the guides out there!

I've noticed a few guys who can do them can belt out 25-30 good chin ups (dead hang). My best is 15 from dead hang at about 110kg, so I think I need to work on that. Have you tried the Fighter pull up progression? http://www.kbnj.com/FighterPullupByPavel.htm I'm thinking of starting that or Pavel's ladder

I could do a 1 arm lock off for quite a few seconds at 95kg, but I guess that is some way away from a one arm chin.
This is my best weighted chin lately, though I have done 60kg too from bent arm start and with a bit of kicking - 50.8kgx1 (111.7lbs) - YouTube

Last edited:
I have been meaning to start that 5rm program actually but I thought I'd wait until after next comp as energy levels are very low.

Probably do it with weighted one hand chinups because of the dodgy shoulder.

I could do around 25 chinups at the moment if I had 2 arms I'd say. I did 21 at 86kg and am now in the 70s. Still no where near one arm though

[MENTION=7082]jzpowahz[/MENTION]; got something special for you coming soon! Lol
[MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION]; great lift [MENTION=3034]Rugby88[/MENTION]; dem triceps bro [MENTION=10878]jj80[/MENTION]; love it!!!

Got a sneaky 140 close grip today - was going to go for an all out 1rm but after a heap of benching yesterday I was spent - happy with a fairly "easy" 140 though

Squat today after a fairly big weekend.
I hit a PB
117.5kg x5
132.5kg x3
147.5kg x1 (PB)
155.0kg x1 (PB)
160.0kg missed it.

The best I have done in the past was 142 for a very hard 1 about 5months ago.

Yes we are generally a positive pack of kunce around here.

Squatted 150kg for 6 for a +3 rep PB at that weight.

Thanks Taurus, might have to give you guys a run for your money on the 1 hand chin contest. I reckon I could handle 40kg if I dont pull the skin off my arm :p