• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The election is on - 07 Sept 2013

Is the NBN really gonna make that much of a difference though, who benefits
? gamers? people who download pirate movies?
I thought it was just a grab for all the copper they were pulling out of the ground.

As someone that works for a company with a few offices and am routinely at sites that operate from remote servers it would make a huge difference to the efficency of the business.

Having said that the NBN is fucked the new generation wireless in metro areas is faster then my high speed DSL in brisbane CBD, copper and optics are old school technology.

Yep!
I think Australia has more to worry about than fast Internet

sure do

health , education, roads, railways , public transport, water ,protecting good farmland from mining , food and water security(France and French companies own at least 5% of Australia's water supply)

Most of the future health and education systems are depending on the nbn being available so no NBN and the health and education costs blow out by a lot
(at least 5 to 10x the cost of the NBN as they'll need to build their own networks in each state)

optics may be "old school" but a passive optical network like NBN can be easily upgraded by swapping the boxes at either end of the connection.
Equipment is already available to upgrade the 1Gb to 10Gb or 100Gb

Problem with the wifi/mobile LTE etc is there aren't enough available frequencies for them to use to keep increasing the speeds - there is enough for them to double current max speeds but that will decrease the range to 1/4(inverse square law)

e.g 802.11ac/ad wifi can deliver 1.2 Tb (around 100GB a second) but only to range of about 30m and one device (drops to around 400Mb for multiple devices) but there is no way to deliver the data to base stations without the NBN

Basing your voting choice on how fast you can download off the Internet is a worry

For me i am basing it off the business i work for. Since my position here is to govern everything IT related for a staff of 400 and we are opening a new facility on the other side of town, we have to add about 200 more staff to there, i need a reliable connection between the two sites and the NBN is the best choice by a country mile.

Not only because it is fast (i need to run multiple database applications over it, nightly backups and terminal service desktops) but it will be damn cheap, allowing the bosses to put more money into other things.

What if i didnt have the NBN? I would need a telstra connection that would cost at least $4k a month Vs NBNs 150 dollars a month.

And then there is everything else we can do with it too:
- VoIP, connecting to a SIP and charge to residents
- our Nuse call system to monitor and record all nurse call alerts
- Offside backups
- Streaming pay TV
- Streaming security camera footage

Can't do anything like that on anything near the cost of the NBN.

Liberal doesn't even seem to be liberal anymore. I thought they were against handouts but their new maternity leave is the biggest handout I've ever seen....

For a working couple (say 2 lawyers) together earning $300k/year (or more) that's an instant $75,000 in the bank for them if they decide to have a kid (from the government).

I guess we can expect a pretty big number of kids will be conceived on Sunday 6th September 2013. Abbot Boomers....

Liberal doesn't even seem to be liberal anymore. I thought they were against handouts but their new maternity leave is the biggest handout I've ever seen....

For a working couple (say 2 lawyers) together earning $300k/year (or more) that's an instant $75,000 in the bank for them if they decide to have a kid (from the government).

I guess we can expect a pretty big number of kids will be conceived on Sunday 6th September 2013. Abbot Boomers....

Ironic really, it was Howard that introduced the plasma bonus back in 2003, then Labor scrapped it earlier this year only for Abbott to try and re-introduce it 25 times bigger

At least they are encouraging the educated to breed unlike that bogans that spit kids out previously because they get 7k

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

you want an ultra high def screen (8k UHD) not, only problem is only the Japs ,Koreans and Chinese are making shows at that res so far and its around 20 -100GB a movie
and need a 40Mb net connection to stream it

At least they are encouraging the educated to breed unlike that bogans that spit kids out previously because they get 7k

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

where else are the libs going to get minimum wage works from, other than import them from Asia ?

1237582_10151867873771789_2056477134_n.png

I think Rudd has conceded.

Rudd says labor got lots wrong in govt

skynews_903915.jpg

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has refused to say whether Labor's electoral hopes would be different had he been at the helm for the past three years.

'One of things in political life, and like life in general, is that it should never be a case of would of, could of, should of,' he told the Seven Network on Saturday.

'You work with what you have got.'

Mr Rudd conceded that Labor had got 'stacks of things wrong' in government.

'Name me one government over the years which hasn't got things wrong,' he said.

'(Former coalition prime minister John Howard) took us to war in Iraq based on the assumption there were weapons of mass destruction.'

But he said Labor had prevailed on the on the 'big calls', such as protecting Australia from the worst of the global financial crisis and implementing the national disability scheme.

Mr Rudd has called on everyone to get out 'exercise their electoral privilege', adding a million people failed to vote last election.

He's expected to vote around midday (AEST).

Mr Rudd sent an 11th hour reminder out to voters that Labor wasn't the only political party that had been plagued by internal divisions over the past six years.

He played down a question on whether his leadership struggle with Julia Gillard had hindered his chances of re-election, saying all parties went through internal challenges from time to time.

'In the last six years (the coalition) has had (John) Howard as leader, (Brendan) Nelson as leader, who was then removed by (Malcolm) Turnbull, who was then removed by (Tony) Abbott,' he told the Nine Network.

'So let's not just pretend that internal political challenges exist on one side of politics.'

Sky News: Rudd says labor got lots wrong in govt