• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Good vid Christian. There is a lot more too it than saying your mind can't lift test levels therefore there cannot be a placebo effect in this.

Christian thanks for your placebo insights in reducing the "feeling" of pain when taking a placebo but FFS as you stated before we are talking about a blood test there is no possible way a placebo can effect
Testosterone total
Testosterone Free Androgen index
Estrogen
LH
FSH

I dont sell placebo's i sell a supplement that have proven ingredients to have health benefits.

Christian thanks for your placebo insights in reducing the "feeling" of pain when taking a placebo but FFS as you stated before we are talking about a blood test there is no possible way a placebo can effect
Testosterone total
Testosterone Free Androgen index
Estrogen
LH
FSH

I dont sell placebo's i sell a supplement that have proven ingredients to have health benefits.

You have seriously no idea.

I am clearly wasting my time here with bazza and christian.

You can call a placebo effect on everything from saying:
  • protein shakes don't actually give you protein you just think they do
  • eating often wont speed up the metabolism you just will think it to happen
  • eating macdonalds will make you get fat because you think it will

It is highly unlikely that my product has placebo effects in boosting someones testosterone levels, lowering estrogen, increasing LH and FSH.

I understand why placebo's are used in clinical trials, but that is not to say this blood test and other previous blood tests are all flawed just because we didn't give another group of people a placebo.

Hell even one of the blood tests that we use on our website the guy told us he thought it wasn't working as he had no libido effects from the supplement, so where is the placebo effect in that, he actually said he went and did bloods because he wanted to get a refund as he felt it wasn't working, yet his blood test showed an improvement from 9nmol/L to 27nmol/L in only 30 days AND HE THOUGHT IT WASN'T WORKING!

Would you like me to email the customer?
I'll get him to repeat it again screen capture his email and what he said about him feeling it not working and then a blood test showing it did work.

Last edited:
I am clearly wasting my time here with bazza and christian.

You can call a placebo effect on everything from saying:
  • protein shakes don't actually give you protein you just think they do
  • eating often wont speed up the metabolism you just will think it to happen
  • eating macdonalds will make you get fat because you think it will

It is highly unlikely that my product has placebo effects in boosting someones testosterone levels, lowering estrogen, increasing LH and FSH.

I understand why placebo's are used in clinical trials, but that is not to say this blood test and other previous blood tests are all flawed just because we didn't give another group of people a placebo.

Hell even one of the blood tests that we use on our website the guy told us he thought it wasn't working as he had no libido effects from the supplement, so where is the placebo effect in that, he actually said he went and did bloods because he wanted to get a refund as he felt it wasn't working, yet his blood test showed an improvement from 9nmol/L to 27nmol/L in only 30 days AND HE THOUGHT IT WASN'T WORKING!

Would you like me to email the customer?
I'll get him to repeat it again screen capture his email and what he said about him feeling it not working and then a blood test showing it did work.

You clearly don't understand how the placebo effect can work. You need a placebo group to see if the product works any better than placebo.

One example, heavy weight training could possibly increase test levels in people. Someone gets blood test then takes test booster. Placebo effect of test booster, they think its working so without thinking about it push harder in the gym, which boosts test levels. I am not saying this is what is happening, its an example, i am also not saying that your product does not work, i dont know. I am saying a single person trial like this with no placebo cannot prove the product works.

Again this is not a clinical trial as said before this is a cost out of my pocket i cannot afford to give out 15 free samples and 15 placebo's this is a simple thing where you and others said "put your product up for a free trial and a few dudes on here will do blood tests to see if it works", all participants going into the free trial with doubts in their minds as to the effectiveness of the product and if it will actually work. Also the above described person's blood test also has great merit considering he said he felt is wasn't working.

It is also not a single person trial icefyre has a bottle in the mail going to him.

Last edited:
The placebo effect isn't always direct.

There are lifestyle factors which influence hormones.

Taking res100 might make you adhere to a training program better (train harder, sleep more, eat healthier) all which may in turn result in changes in the hormonal profile revealed by bloodwork.

The reason for placebo-controlled trials is that you don't have to speculate about whether there is a placebo effect based on belief - you can directly measure it and where observed discount its effect.

No one's forcing you to make these claims about your products. Perhaps if you can't afford to conduct the kind of testing necessary to make good your claims, you shouldn't make the claims or should at least water them down.

"I will also post some reviews so you can see how well this supplement is already proven with blood work on testosterone/LH/FSH levels and reviews on feelings of improvement."

It's a pretty bold claim (and potentiall misleading and deceptive) to say something is "proven".

You don't have to buy the product if you don't want to nobody is putting a gun to your head and you don't have to talk about it either.

And if you have nothing better to do than pick apart everything i have had to say well you should find something else better to do with your time and your life.

Supplement companies make huge false misleading claims all day everyday, i have not made huge false claims that cannot be backed up. I have asked people to do their own independent blood tests to test the effectiveness of the product for themselves. I didn't organise a paid clinical false misleading trial like many supplement companies as you know do. I have allowed real people, to go and do their own real blood tests and show you if the supplement has any effects or not.

It is all too often you have read claims of increase fat loss by 300% proven by a clinical trial, paid for and conducted by the company.

If you don't have any interest in the trial and believe whatever results are posted in 30 days time by those who are conducting their own independent blood test mean nothing stay out of this thread. You have banged on enough about double blind placebo controlled trials and I don't and nobody else needs to hear or discuss DBPC trials anymore.

The point is your making claims that are not yet proven.

You are also not seriously using the defense that other supp companies make unproven clams so it should be fine for you to make them here.

Again I am not saying your product does not work because I don't know. The claims you are making are not are not proven. That is all.

I think enough has been said.
Let's see the results of Mike's trial and reserve judgement until then

Ghosty.
I would suggest keeping tabs of trial in your log as it may get cluttered up here.

Thanks.

Thanks for your input about placebos i will take it into consideration.

Just one other point ON I forgot to make earlier. The placebo group isn't just there to disprove something, they could be used as evidence that something works.

As we know test levels are not just static, they vary due to other factors.

Say you did a trial with a few people and all the people that took the booster the test levels remained the same. Now it may seem that it did nothing but maybe the test levels of the placebo group dropped. There may have been an outside variable overall causing peoples test levels to drop but the test booster group stayed the same. So you could say that the booster may have had benifit over placebo even though the booster group results were no higher.

I'm done now hammer

Does a placebo make your balls twice as big, huge vains appear on your balls and now blood blisters appear (above the the vains) ?

Ive been using Res100 for 10 days and wasn't expecting much from it. I am fairly sure my sex drive and energy has gotten better. Ive noticed come load has increased alot. I might get my blood checked soon then again a few weeks after I stop using it while keeping my diet and routine the same. However, my balls can confirm that it does work. As can my girlfriend.

I am not doing anything with the res100 besides coconut oil, olive oil and 12 raw eggs a day.. apart from that nothing much has changed.

Last edited: