• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tell us your strength gains...

The strength didn't really matter to me, I still had a good chest for a natural despite a rubbish bench. I'm sure if I did a powerlifting routine I could have made it but that is not why I train

You don't need a lot of volume at all.
You should be doing the minimum you need to do to upset your body and then recover.
Example say as a natural you can do 10 sets a week for a body part, purely hypothetical don't read into it. When you start using you and probably do 40 sets a week and still recover. But that doesn't mean you should. You do the minimum you need to stress your body and the steroids will do the rest. I do just one or two rest pause sets a week for most of my body parts

The strength didn't really matter to me, I still had a good chest for a natural despite a rubbish bench. I'm sure if I did a powerlifting routine I could have made it but that is not why I train

Fair enough. Just that you said when you were natural you always wanted a 100kg bench but couldn't get it until you did steroids.

Obviously what your doing is working for you now.

I was very young then, not much was right about my training
I think I was doing some 3x10 5 days a week balonie haha

Ignore the other posts, volume and work capacity has nothing to do with it. Just because you're on steroids that does NOT give you the excuse to do buttfuckretarded routines like 50 sets of lat pulldown and so on.

You are sort of on the right idea with this post, in your example of 5/3/1 I think it would be unwise to stay on such a program while on cycle simply because you will not be taking advantage of the steroids increasing your training max by 2.5kg a week so you have a few options:

*Push assistance exercises
*Switch to a more linear gains type program like Westside, of course assuming that you're after strength. This will allow you to take advantage of the massive increases in strength. There is never any reason to perform lots of volume and if you feel like you really need more work, increase the FREQUENCY (number of training sessions a week) instead

If after mass, again like you said a linear "novice" program would be better. DC training is great for this reason while it is not a novice program (don't misinterpret this) it DOES take advantage of those "novice" gains

Thanks, this makes sense. BTW you're huge lol
And Joel I was asking about what would happen when someone first started using, I feel that Sheiko is an awesome program but if you start taking and your 1RM increases by 10kg in just a few weeks then you're training percentages are going to be a little skewed so compared to a program where your training max is constantly being bumped up I don't see it working as well until you're at a point when strength isn't rapidly increasing if that makes sense

Most of the time I have used the sheiko programs for the maxes you want to hit i.e if someone has a 200kg dead I will set %'s at 220kg dead if thats the goal, if we get get into the program and they are finding it to easy/to hard then the %'s will change...steroids or not your %'s will change around somewhat as you get stronger you just have to be smart and prepared as to when to change them, and with sheiko even though that "X" max weight may not change in some cases the reps/sets and %'s for those reps and sets are progessivly getting harder or increased which is making the program harder...you will be getting stronger regardless of using steroids or not...thats the whole point of strength training right?

I dont think ive ever set a program out for someone and not changed things i.e %'s, sets/reps slightly during the plan....its going to happen...

Thats really not a problem at all...thats purely just knowing how to change things as you get stronger....

Oh, so that's where you got all that bullshit fatigue % you were trying to use in your log for all of 3 days?

I still use fatigue percentages and they are not "bullshit". They are one of the best ways to manage stress without being tied to specifics
I just don't bother logging stuff like that any more because too many people started crying