• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tell us your strength gains...

It's still not clear though WHAT you actually took steroids for, you say to "peak", what does that mean??
If not for strength so you could pedal stronger/longer, then what?

Increase in work capacity, increase in muscle creatine levels, increase in red blood cells, increase in strength but no so important compared to the rest

I went from training 6 sessions a week to 15 sessions a week, honestly it felt amazing lol. I would go to sleep so tired and sore legs shaking then get up the next day fresh as fuck at 5am after 6 hours sleep, pop an anadrol and some dbol and go train again. Had to stop the anadrol after 2 weeks though because I would get this obnoxious pump in my lower back when cycling and it was too uncomfortable. I honestly wish that I did strength train while on lol but decided against it at the time because I was still a novice and didn't want any tendon injuries that close to competition. In hindsight though some high rep squats would have been beneficial

Peaking is just like peaking for a powerlifting competition really, you spend much of the year in a accumulation & transmutation cycle, alternating between the two then close to competition you will do a realisation block, small deload and then you race. I started using 6 weeks out at the start of my last transmutation block which is basically lots of sessions, high intensity but not so much overall volume then 4 weeks out started realisation where I upped the intensity, started cycling competition distance and dropped other things like bodyweight training, HIIT, hill work and so on. Then on the week prior to the competition I did a test on monday over competition distance then two sprints on wednesday and thursday each half competition distance. Each other day I did a light ride just to keep lose then raced on Saturday

Increase in work capacity, increase in muscle creatine levels, increase in red blood cells, increase in strength but no so important compared to the rest

I went from training 6 sessions a week to 15 sessions a week, honestly it felt amazing lol. I would go to sleep so tired and sore legs shaking then get up the next day fresh as fuck at 5am after 6 hours sleep, pop an anadrol and some dbol and go train again. Had to stop the anadrol after 2 weeks though because I would get this obnoxious pump in my lower back when cycling and it was too uncomfortable. I honestly wish that I did strength train while on lol but decided against it at the time because I was still a novice and didn't want any tendon injuries that close to competition. In hindsight though some high rep squats would have been beneficial

Peaking is just like peaking for a powerlifting competition really, you spend much of the year in a accumulation & transmutation cycle, alternating between the two then close to competition you will do a realisation block, small deload and then you race. I started using 6 weeks out at the start of my last transmutation block which is basically lots of sessions, high intensity but not so much overall volume then 4 weeks out started realisation where I upped the intensity, started cycling competition distance and dropped other things like bodyweight training, HIIT, hill work and so on. Then on the week prior to the competition I did a test on monday over competition distance then two sprints on wednesday and thursday each half competition distance. Each other day I did a light ride just to keep lose then raced on Saturday

So you increaed your volume of training...like I said in my other post....lol...fuarrrrrrrrrrrrrrkin hell....

lolol oh fuck....volume of training doesnt jhst relate to bbin or pling...volume could mean more sets/reps or longer runs or longer sprints...anything...fuaaaarrrk oni lol

lolol oh fuck....volume of training doesnt jhst relate to bbin or pling...volume could mean more sets/reps or longer runs or longer sprints...anything...fuaaaarrrk oni lol

I didn't claim that the higher work capacity given by steroids wouldn't be beneficial

I would imagine that chucking in steroids would effectively make you a novice again, am I correct in thinking that? If someone is say doing advanced programming such as 5/3/1 and has been training naturally for 3 years for the sake of argument and started taking steroids at about 500-750mg a week total should they carry on with the advanced programming or should they "downgrade" and do something like Texas Method or even Starting Strength instead?

Ignore the other posts, volume and work capacity has nothing to do with it. Just because you're on steroids that does NOT give you the excuse to do buttfuckretarded routines like 50 sets of lat pulldown and so on.

You are sort of on the right idea with this post, in your example of 5/3/1 I think it would be unwise to stay on such a program while on cycle simply because you will not be taking advantage of the steroids increasing your training max by 2.5kg a week so you have a few options:

*Push assistance exercises
*Switch to a more linear gains type program like Westside, of course assuming that you're after strength. This will allow you to take advantage of the massive increases in strength. There is never any reason to perform lots of volume and if you feel like you really need more work, increase the FREQUENCY (number of training sessions a week) instead

If after mass, again like you said a linear "novice" program would be better. DC training is great for this reason while it is not a novice program (don't misinterpret this) it DOES take advantage of those "novice" gains

Ignore the other posts, volume and work capacity has nothing to do with it. Just because you're on steroids that does NOT give you the excuse to do buttfuckretarded routines like 50 sets of lat pulldown and so on.

You are sort of on the right idea with this post, in your example of 5/3/1 I think it would be unwise to stay on such a program while on cycle simply because you will not be taking advantage of the steroids increasing your training max by 2.5kg a week so you have a few options:

*Push assistance exercises
*Switch to a more linear gains type program like Westside, of course assuming that you're after strength. This will allow you to take advantage of the massive increases in strength. There is never any reason to perform lots of volume and if you feel like you really need more work, increase the FREQUENCY (number of training sessions a week) instead

If after mass, again like you said a linear "novice" program would be better. DC training is great for this reason while it is not a novice program (don't misinterpret this) it DOES take advantage of those "novice" gains

This is pretty much what i ment by my posts mate....I did not mean volume purely i.e more sets/reps....I ment that you body will be able to handle more so I wouldnt suggest going back to a program like starting strength that does not require much demand from the body...

I agree with you programs like Westside would be great to go on...and as I said your body would be able to handle a program like that more-so on the gas than not seeing as though your maxing with singles, triples etc every week...

By volume I mean - weight lift (i.e moving to singles/triples on a more frequent basis), frequency, sets/reps i.e more assistance work, being able to increase strength more i.e being able to lift more due to the increase in weight lifted when on the gas...

If you read some on oni's posts on the forum you will see why ppl do not take their time with him anymore...this is why I had not gone into much detail in my posts....lost cause mate...

I have always wondered what sort of gains I'd get on the juice. I gain size and strength very rapidly, even if my diet isn't 100% (still not optimal).

I've gone from pressing 32kg on an incline press to 50kg for 4 sets of 10 (11th Feb - last week). I don't actually train for strength the majority of the time (rest 60 seconds mainly between sets, always 6-10 reps unless i'm doing deads) but it is a by-product of just lifting heavier. I may go back to a few months of 1-5 reps and see what damage I can do. My physique for me personally, is much better with the former training than the latter.

This is pretty much what i ment by my posts mate....I did not mean volume purely i.e more sets/reps....I ment that you body will be able to handle more so I wouldnt suggest going back to a program like starting strength that does not require much demand from the body...

I agree with you programs like Westside would be great to go on...and as I said your body would be able to handle a program like that more-so on the gas than not seeing as though your maxing with singles, triples etc every week...

By volume I mean - weight lift (i.e moving to singles/triples on a more frequent basis), frequency, sets/reps i.e more assistance work, being able to increase strength more i.e being able to lift more due to the increase in weight lifted when on the gas...

If you read some on oni's posts on the forum you will see why ppl do not take their time with him anymore...this is why I had not gone into much detail in my posts....lost cause mate...

Of course you need to increase total volume although your post came off as suggesting something that people would describe as "high volume". I would not call westside a high volume program and I would suggest 5x5 over something like Sheiko or Smolov for someone to get the most out of their cycle which I believe was the question asked.

Going back on topic, when I was natural I always wanted to bench 100kg. Although could never manage it. I decided that I would eventually do a cycle of 500mg testosterone a week with some dbol. World's worst cycle I know but I was young! I hit 100kg pretty fast the strength was great but it wasn't until I started being SMART with my cycles I made serious strength gains. Testosterone without ester, anadrol and trenbolone were always best for me regarding strength!

I have always wondered what sort of gains I'd get on the juice. I gain size and strength very rapidly, even if my diet isn't 100% (still not optimal).

I've gone from pressing 32kg on an incline press to 50kg for 4 sets of 10 (11th Feb - last week). I don't actually train for strength the majority of the time (rest 60 seconds mainly between sets, always 6-10 reps unless i'm doing deads) but it is a by-product of just lifting heavier. I may go back to a few months of 1-5 reps and see what damage I can do. My physique for me personally, is much better with the former training than the latter.

If you wish to increase strength rapidly, I would suggest pyramiding your exercises. 10-8-6-4 works well I find works well.

Of course you need to increase total volume although your post came off as suggesting something that people would describe as "high volume". I would not call westside a high volume program and I would suggest 5x5 over something like Sheiko or Smolov for someone to get the most out of their cycle which I believe was the question asked.

Going back on topic, when I was natural I always wanted to bench 100kg. Although could never manage it. I decided that I would eventually do a cycle of 500mg testosterone a week with some dbol. World's worst cycle I know but I was young! I hit 100kg pretty fast the strength was great but it wasn't until I started being SMART with my cycles I made serious strength gains. Testosterone without ester, anadrol and trenbolone were always best for me regarding strength!

Do you weigh 45kg?

Nah thats not what I ment i.e high volume ...for me if the person is at somewhat a good level of training (which i would say they would be if they are getting on the gear) - I would say they would get alot more out of sheiko or smolov while on cycle...

I have trained powerlifters with diff sheiko programs and variations of over the years...they were all natrual at the time and their results were out of this world....I can only imagine the sort of increases in strength they would have got if they were on steroids at the time...

So sorry but I do not agree with you that someone who is at a fairly high level in training terms would benefit more from 5x5 than sheiko or smolov if they were to go on cycle....

5x5 is a VERY basic program...for very new lifters.....

Last edited:
No I do not weigh 45kg, I always struggled with the bench press was never very good at it.
I incline bench 4 plates a side now for 3 reps now and don't really care what I can achieve naturally because it is irrelevant. Weight used is arbitrary anyway, you don't need a big bench to be big

Joel - I am just saying that is how your post came off regarding volume.
I am not saying that Sheiko is a bad program, not at all but it is not the BEST program you can pick to get the most out of a cycle. When you start using you will notice this, your strength increases very rapidly and a program like Sheiko will quickly become too easy a few weeks into the cycle so save it for when you're "noob gains" from taking gear have worn out. Fast progressive overload will be the best method. If you start taking tren right now you will be able to milk a 5x5 program for 10-12 weeks easily

If someone of normal size cannot get to 100kg bench naturally I would have a look at their training.

No I do not weigh 45kg, I always struggled with the bench press was never very good at it.
I incline bench 4 plates a side now for 3 reps now and don't really care what I can achieve naturally because it is irrelevant. Weight used is arbitrary anyway, you don't need a big bench to be big

Joel - I am just saying that is how your post came off regarding volume.
I am not saying that Sheiko is a bad program, not at all but it is not the BEST program you can pick to get the most out of a cycle. When you start using you will notice this, your strength increases very rapidly and a program like Sheiko will quickly become too easy a few weeks into the cycle so save it for when you're "noob gains" from taking gear have worn out. Fast progressive overload will be the best method. If you start taking tren right now you will be able to milk a 5x5 program for 10-12 weeks easily

I dont understand where your coming from....sheiko your weights are progessivly getting heavier (higher %'s) with more volume over time...plus there are many diff variations of sheiko that have increased volume/ %'s used that a lifter can move to etc...so I cant see the program getting to easy for the lifter....I have never heard anyone who has any idea of sheiko saying it could get to easy lol

I can see 5x5 becoming very easy and not enough volume in it to take full advantage of the cycle at hand...

Sorry but I do not agree...which is fine...everyone is different....