• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

swiss bar

Damn, I would love to have one of those things. But the gym I go to isn't likely to buy one, really, and I don't currently have the space for setting up my own gym. :/

If I ever get the chance, I'll probably switch to that for benching, overhead pressing, rowing... and maybe a few other things too.

Ask the gym if you can bring the bar in and leave it behind the desk or something
Most are fairly accommodating providing you don't make noise, a mess or break shit

I could knock one of them up easy enough with my welder and bender. Wouldn't be knurled but that doesn't really matter. Might be a project for next weekend.

I could knock one of them up easy enough with my welder and bender. Wouldn't be knurled but that doesn't really matter. Might be a project for next weekend.

Excellent.

You could take the grips to an engineer, most lathes have knurling wheels, you can create your own depth, I did it for my farmer's easypeasy.

A Swiss bar would be good but I hate the 45 degree grips and it looks like they are right were I would want to grip.

I'm not a huge wrap for the handle set up either
Go parallel or 45 not a combination

Do the sleeves rotate on that hamburgler or are they just welded 50mm?

Thats something I would consider buying. Agree the 45 degree handle is shit and in a terrible spot.

I think you'll find a LOT of specialty bars are made without rotating sleeves.

Main reason would be that it dramatically reduces the cost to make it.

I think you'll find a LOT of specialty bars are made without rotating sleeves.

Main reason would be that it dramatically reduces the cost to make it.

I looked at buying a pair of bushed sleeves from a retailer who imports he was selling them for $20 ea. You'd have to think he was buying them for a third of that from china. I was actually gonna try and make one of those swiss bars but the house renos are eating up my time at the moment.

Maybe grab one of those pull up bars from racks and weld post on the end for weights. Pretty ghetto though and you'll have to trust your welds.

This isn't a bad idea. Also, if you have access to heavy dumbells OP you could get some hooks.

P16019.jpg