• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
comeatmebro.png

For all we know you never lifted anything heavier than a can of spray-on tan.

Aek, if you wish to be an advertiser on ausbb.com, you should become a site sponsor like Aminoz and the rest. Advertising should be clearly marked as advertising.

He put his lifts up. Also I think he's mentioned before that he wanted to sponsor but there were already enough and is on a waiting list or something.

Oliver's pictures in this thread have redeemed him from all the stupid shit he's ever said. Of course I'm sure that given a week or two he'll spread more stupid shit on his fresh clean slate, but it is at least clean now, and that's more than Tropper Aek can say.

epic shop that is epic

LOLOLOL

But seriously as noobs said there's a difference between supplements and products. Nobody in this thread is arguing that creatine doesn't work theres a lot of evidence that it does but most supplements that get marketing hype (jack3d, naNOvapor and whatever type of amino acid gets popular every second week) are just shit - even if there are trace elements that help the $100/kg tub is a ripoff.

Supplements can give you the X factor in certain circumstances - if you're doing a carb rotating diet before a show and need to keep carbs/fats low taking a calcium supplement for the lack of dairy products you're eating and a multi is probably a good idea, but will a multi give you a tangibly bigger deadlift after 6 months? no.

I empathise with markos' stance that supplements should be given the flick, or at least a lot less stress than they're given. for something thats less than 5% of the equation they sure attract a lot of attention and money.

Hey Aaron if you would like i can also put pics of my lifts aswell if think i am speaking shit !!!

How many more stupid shops do I have to do before everyone calms the shit down?

Commercial supplements are way overpriced and not worth what they're asking. Buying bulk creatine/glutamine/various amino's etc. would be the way to go if you're so inclined. It's easier on the wallet, you know EXACTLY what you're getting and how much. Creatine has never done jack for me, but I've seen it help out a few other lifters and they now swear by it. Different strokes for different folks.

Oli I expect that pic as your new avi.

I wouldn't mind seeing those lifts Aek. Vid's are better.

I always laugh when I see the latest prohormone or some metabolite pos being marketed and sold for more money then actual gear..

I have said so many times there are supplements and there are products.

Jak3d is a product

1,3-dimethylamylamine is a supplement

It's like that fucking douche bag retard that was posting in everyones threads telling them they need optimum nutrition super duper whey. What like it contains special ingredients to normal whey protein? Pft...

Alot of people buy into this hype of a "product" . Yes sometimes certain products have better quality or variants of substances then it might be worth ago. But I am yet to see anything in the bodybuilding world worth the hype or the price.

If your diet and mind is so lacking that you need to take stimulants to feel teh rush before everywork out I don't think your in the right game, go join a rave.

Ok No probs just want to clarify one thing how much exactly does an Olympic bar weigh is it 25kg or 30kg ?

I will do Bench Press on Monday

Let's see how i go hey as i said earlier not really into power lifting but Oliver has inspired me to become one :D

At the moment i am weighing 92kg so i do have a 2 kg advantage over him, {height is 5ft 10} but i am dieting and shredding down in weight.

So that everyone knows exactly what i am arguing here i have said this very very clearly most supplements do work not all.

There are some dodge supps out there like most Pre Workouts that are highly Caffienated.

I could not agree with more on this and it's true Mr Iron Alliance !!!

Creatine has never done jack for me, but I've seen it help out a few other lifters and they now swear by it. Different strokes for different folks.

I use supps i assume oliver does not use any i weigh about the same as he does and i can lift more.

Whether it proves anything or not i cant really answer that., but i am just over his big mouth ranting about how every supplement out there is bad and all supplement companies are ripping people off and so on.

There are some great supps out there and there some bad one's aswell

Grouping all supps in one category saying that they are all rip offs is just plain BULLSHIT

What a bunch of quixotic ramblers.

What is known, not controversial; progressive weight resistance, food and rest is the healthiest method of improving strength along with the incredible number of beneficial by-products as a result.

Many of us will back Oliver.

I use supps i assume oliver does not use any i weigh about the same as he does and i can lift more.

Whether it proves anything or not i cant really answer that., but i am just over his big mouth ranting about how every supplement out there is bad and all supplement companies are ripping people off and so on.

Grouping all supps in one category saying that they are all rip offs is just plain BULLSHIT

Once again products and supplements...

Pureprotein powders , bulk nutrients sell supplements.

Stores cell products that , fix change colour, taste like anabolic bubble gum, have proprietary blends, excipients..

It's like buying veggies or buying a can of soup for dinner.. You pay more money for the shot because it's a product.

Now if you own a supp store you will detest this because ignorance is what fuels your business. But let me tell you no one won any lifting records or bb contests because of products.

Do I Have to post day derek cell tech?

Once again products and supplements...

Pureprotein powders , bulk nutrients sell supplements.

Stores cell products that , fix change colour, taste like anabolic bubble gum, have proprietary blends, excipients..

It's like buying veggies or buying a can of soup for dinner.. You pay more money for the shot because it's a product.

Now if you own a supp store you will detest this because ignorance is what fuels your business. But let me tell you no one won any lifting records or bb contests because of products.

Do I Have to post day dere cell tech again?

Fucking hell. I don't even know how to respond to that. Usually I assume because someone is older than me they know better. Jesus christ.

Aek you called me out because I have 'shit lifts' and 'dont look decent'. When I produced it turned out you had the same deadlift only it had taken you clearly 5+ years to get there what took me less than two.

If you're that dumb that you think anything you gain on your 'powerlifting' binge is fueled by your use of supplements then you could equally conclude it was your stupid supplements that slowed you down. Correlation does equal causation after all (you might need to look that one up).

Hey oliver if you are upset that's fine i understand i may be a bit older than you but your than one with the big mouth not me

I am competing in your backyard as i said i am not a power lifter, but i am willing to try something different for change.

Furthermore you thought i was speaking shit so i am calling your bluff that's all.

No need to get upset

No actually. I posted a scientific review of two of the supplements you mentioned which pretty much showed them as complete rubbish. You then used that as an excuse to bitch about my lifts.

Your lifts are the same despite being how old and training for how long?

On Monday i will do as many reps as i can at 120kg, the others i will attempt in the new year not chickening out the gym has some funny hours because of the silly season.

As i said don't get upset just use this to motivate yourself to beat me maybe it's a good thing for you to do take out your aggression on the weights.

I am throu with talking to you man we may have a difference in opinion but everyone deserves respect.

That is all am going to say Good luck in the Future !!

Status
Not open for further replies.