• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Super Cup of Titans

I think I might have been cheating the reps on >80% 1RM - it's impossible to really judge myself unless my ham touches calf, which is not a good place to be in with a heavy weight on.

Unfortunately due to stupid gym rules I'll have to get someone to watch me squat

I have a question, yes it's me, deal with it.
From what I can see, the ref is sitting in front of the squatter, how can he see whether the hip crease is below the knee from that vantage point?

The front judge doesn't really give calls on depth unless it's obviously very high

I think I might have been cheating the reps on >80% 1RM - it's impossible to really judge myself unless my ham touches calf, which is not a good place to be in with a heavy weight on.

Unfortunately due to stupid gym rules I'll have to get someone to watch me squat

Just bury every rep. It's not like squatting as deep as possible won't get you stronger

Are you at one of those fucked up places that ban you from filming your lifts?

yeah I know lol, I meant that I don't train at such a place because I like it, but because lack of alternatives (local PA club only opens for 2 hours 3x a week)

Go up to the club and talk to Aaron or Joel, they both have home set ups as well. Plus at least one of Josh/Karl/Ethan/Jack usually turns up on a Saturday or a Sunday. They can't train on tues/thurs or before 4/5 because of the school though.

Alternatively keep training at whichever of Fit or Waves you are at and just turn up to the club occasionally for some coaching - it's only about $50 for membership plus $2 per session.

aljada: you obviously know the local guys then? I train at Aquarius - great gym if you're a bb'er or a woman lol. Pity because they used to have PL comps there and some very strong lifters.

I'd heard that Vince Simonetta was about to offer PL coaching at his Crossfit box; I was waiting to see if anything came of it.

I lived up there last year, was placed at the hospital there. I thought Aquarius was basically dead

Vince trains a few guys for PL specifically, Peter trains there mostly. Not sure if anything came of it, but Vince and Joel were going to talk about cheaper access to his gym for the club members late last year after the school confirmed we couldn't train tues/thurs.

There's also a med student named Alex who lives somewhere on eleventh (I forget which number he's in) who has a home set-up - he's mostly a WLer though. Could try to get his exact info for you if you want but he'll be gone in about 4-5 months so I'd suggest just joining the club and turning up when you can