• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Super Cup of Titans

0ni

Registered Rustler
Will post videos here as people find them

Squat was high and the back spotter grabbed the bar on the way up but it was still given whites. Hopefully CYC beats this soon

It makes me appreciate Hatfield's 1000lb squat even more. He was a fraction of the size of this guy.

Hitting the stand is ok i thought as long as it doesnt assist the lift.

I also though depth was a little high...
So fast though. so fast!

Why was the spotter touching the bar??? Instant red right there really.

Tim.

Hitting the stand is ok i thought as long as it doesnt assist the lift.

I also though depth was a little high...
So fast though. so fast!

Why was the spotter touching the bar??? Instant red right there really.

Tim.

In the context of; hitting the the stand would throw you off your lift

Not to proper depth. Hip crease is above the top of the knee.

SquatDepth.jpg

Same weight to proper depth. Crease is below the top of the knee.

SquatDepth2.jpg

Looks like IPF worlds is a better meet than the Super Cup now... Damn shame. Especially now Belyaev and Pozdeev are not lifting in it.
The meet is essentially all the dudes that get banned from the IPF for drug use but these guys are old now and past their prime. Hopefully some new lifters will step up for the Super Cup in 2015. At least Battle of the Champions is still a great meet

Yep. I took another look earlier and I think id give it. Just on parrallel in my books. Forget his quads...the exact point of that hip crease seems dead on to me. Hes so fucken big though its very difficult to tell!

Tim.

I've watched the side vid a few times and its not a great angle. Its a slightly low view-point so its hard to make a good judgment, but Super Cup has generally had good reffing and Malan has generally always hit depth so its probably ok.

But that hand on the bar... wtf?

Last edited:
Make sure you're looking at the top of the knee and not the top of the wrap when judging depth