• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Struggling.

Just checked out the price for Whey protein from Bioflex, $160 for 4000 grams !!!!!

The ON whey would work out at $115 for 4000 grams.

This shows that the Bioflex product is clearly overpriced.

WOW! :eek:. ON Whey all the 'whey'!. Hehe.

The Whey protein from Bioflex is WPI, ON whey is not 100% WPI, it is blended with cheaper WPC so look a bit more carefully next time.

Also $135 for cheaper protein + shipping if you buy online with cost around $150, Bioflex has no shipping cost, so now what is better value pure WPI or blended WPC and WPI?

Shrek,

I feel you must be affiliated/financially connected/somehow involved with BioFlex to be supporting/defending them so much, is it true?

The Whey protein from Bioflex is WPI, ON whey is not 100% WPI, it is blended with cheaper WPC so look a bit more carefully next time.

Also $135 for cheaper protein + shipping if you buy online with cost around $150, Bioflex has no shipping cost, so now what is better value pure WPI or blended WPC and WPI?

100% WPI?
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]- "Over 50% of Bio Bulker is whey protein and Bio Bulker includes high levels of whey protein isolate for rapid absorption."[/FONT]

Bio Bulker = 25g of WHEY protein per 60g serve. 15 serves per 900g.

ON 100% Whey = 24g of WHEY protein per 32g serve. 31 serves per 943g. Also much higher quality. :p.

ON Whey has 1.05 times the amount per small tub. Therefore the same amount of Bio Builker would cost approx. $71.75 as opposed to ON Whey cost approx. $67.95. (inc. approx. postage). For the smaller tub of products for each.

Just to clear that up. I have a good idea of what I would stick to.

Correct me if i'm wrong on any of this. I'm no mathematician. I'm not trying to argue.. I just thought i would try to do the calculations and the research to see for myself how much "better" you "say" Bio Bulker than ON Whey. Sure it has the carbs, but im more interested in better quality protein and cost. :). Not to mention the proven results and awards for ON Whey. ;).

Shrek,

I feel you must be affiliated/financially connected/somehow involved with BioFlex to be supporting/defending them so much, is it true?
No, it's just everyone gets into the ON hype when it's not as good value as everyone thinks beause it's blended protein not pure WPI.

100% WPI?
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]- "Over 50% of Bio Bulker is whey protein and Bio Bulker includes high levels of whey protein isolate for rapid absorption."[/FONT]

Bio Bulker = 25g of WHEY protein per 60g serve. 15 serves per 900g.

ON 100% Whey = 24g of WHEY protein per 32g serve. 31 serves per 943g. Also much higher quality. :p.

ON Whey has 1.05 times the amount per small tub. Therefore the same amount of Bio Builker would cost approx. $71.75 as opposed to ON Whey cost approx. $67.95. (inc. approx. postage). For the smaller tub of products for each.

Just to clear that up. I have a good idea of what I would stick to.

Correct me if i'm wrong on any of this. I'm no mathematician. I'm not trying to argue.. I just thought i would try to do the calculations and the research to see for myself how much "better" you "say" Bio Bulker than ON Whey. Sure it has the carbs, but im more interested in better quality protein and cost. :). Not to mention the proven results and awards for ON Whey. ;).
Dude, read my thread properly I was talking about the WPI as was stated by The Hulk. Go back and read thoroughly.

No, it's just everyone gets into the ON hype when it's not as good value as everyone thinks beause it's blended protein not pure WPI.

No worries Shrek,

BioFlex could be top stuff, I suppose it's up to the people to try it and find out.

Can I ask what supplements, if any, you are currently taking?

Thanks boys. Its all on hold for a month anyways, got fasting coming up next week. =] And im thinking of just going with a Protein powder, not a weight gainer. - Optimum 100% Whey, cause its sold at the closest BB shop near me, and I cant buy shit online.
Thanks alot anyways.

P.S. I honestly think you should SQUAT. It's an excellent exercise for mass and I really don't think you will have any problems doing them. I also noticed someone might have mentioned to focus on the compound exercises. This is true as they develop more mass than isolations, although some isolations are ideal.

Hope some of my advice is helpful and good luck with your training!

Thanks athlon, I need help with my squat technique tho, I keep overbalancing backwards, anyone got any ideas? =]

Thanks athlon, I need help with my squat technique tho, I keep overbalancing backwards, anyone got any ideas? =]

No worries man.

Stand with feet about shoulder width apart or slightly wider. Point your toes slightly outwards so there's not too much stress on your knees which could help to not lean backwards. Keep the barbell across the top of your shoulders not on the neck, you should find a comfortable spot where it won't move much. Very important not to lean forward or backwards - could lead to serious injury! Try not to FULLY EXTEND your knees during the reps (cheating! :p). One steady motion through all the reps.

A good idea would be to put on light weight or just use the barbell to practice the technique first. :). I like to squat past where the hamstrings would be parallel to the ground, just for the extra stretch and ROM (Range Of Motion). Although it might be best not to go TOO FAR until you are comfortable with the technique and not using more weight than you can handle.

Good luck with your training!

No worries Shrek,

BioFlex could be top stuff, I suppose it's up to the people to try it and find out.

Can I ask what supplements, if any, you are currently taking?
I take EEAs' pre during ad after training, multi vutamin, fish oil and sometimes a cassei shake before bed. I don't even use protein powder anymore prferring to stick with Amino's.

A cheap supplement is just that, cheap. It will not make you big, hard training and good diet will.

Can you post up your training and diet because I have a feeling your diet is not up too par?

Think you were right Shrek. I wasnt eating before training, and I felt like I had no energy, hence wasnt putting more weight on every week.
Ate a crapload before workout today, and put n extra 12 pounds on bench press. =] So yeah, I think i need the energy hit before a workout.

Try a NO pre-workout booster.
I tried this for the first time this week and bench press jumped from 92.5kg x 6 to 100kg x 6 in one week.

Think you were right Shrek. I wasnt eating before training, and I felt like I had no energy, hence wasnt putting more weight on every week.
Ate a crapload before workout today, and put n extra 12 pounds on bench press. =] So yeah, I think i need the energy hit before a workout.
Good lad. I think if you get your diet right, then introduce a couple of supplements like creatine and maybe a pre-workout booster you'll be as big as Wendell Sailor in no time.

Good lad. I think if you get your diet right, then introduce a couple of supplements like creatine and maybe a pre-workout booster you'll be as big as Wendell Sailor in no time.

Haha, I hope so. =p

Oh haii der boys.

In 6 months I've put on 12'ish kilos. I dunno whether its mostly fat or what. =] Good size gains but.

Well done, but I don't think it's all muscle but it's too be expected when bulking.

Focus more on exercises rest and eating food that gives your muscles both energy to burn and material to build. You dont need suppliments at all (with execption of maybe a multivitamin) until you really get up to heavy weights and stall your growth.

Most people not everyone but most find it takes a long time to build visible muscle mass especially in the chest. Some areas like biceps, triceps and even shoulders should show signs really quickly but bigger muscles dont. An example of this is when you see those guys in the gym lifting really heavy weights and they are the same size if not smaller than you are!

Doing squats will help you with any sport where someone is trying to destablise you via a tackle or push you around or what ever because it gives you a strong core and core is critical to becomeing unmovable. This advice was given to me by a guy who played football.

Didnt end up buying any supplements, just ate a crapload of food for 6 months, and did a fair but of cardio as well as a rippetoes type program.