• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

struggle to eat enough

So chickens that live like chickens were meant to be living are deficient because they are not eating man made pellet food??

It absolutely blows my mind how you brain works:rolleyes:

Mick I notice how you ignored your totally incorrect comments about hormones in chicken. Lol. Come on lets some facts right for once mate.

Mick, domestic chickens today are very different to the wild animals they were original bred from. Where are domestic chickens living in the wild "like they were meant to be living" lol. Put some chickens out in the wild and see how long most live.

Even the average family chicken produces many times more eggs than the original birds they were bred from in the wild. These eggs don't just come for free, the diet has to match the output. Chickens just foraging in the garden are highly unlikely to be able to get the amount of nutrients that they require. It absolutely blows my mind about how little you can know about a topic yet just keep continuously posting incorrect garbage.

3,000kcal is 4 double quarter pounders with cheese at McDonalds
Or 1.5kg of wings

I know which goes down easier.
I can list ample medical studies that show diets higher in cholesterol and saturated fats result in people with more ideal body composition. I can't say the same about carbohydrates.

I'm not saying they are bad, but why would you eat them if you could eat steak? What benefit do they have over steak or eggs? Eggs are highest in leucine and glutamine peptides which are proven to be the main aminos used in protein synthesis. An egg also has 4% of your daily b6, 6% of your folate and 11% of your b12. These B vitamins also have been proven to be the best for strength training which is why athletes take injectable B complex. 1.5g of saturated fat per egg, 211mg of cholesterol.

Carbohydrates are simply calories. That is all they do- they increase your calories. They are not NEEDED by the body in any way, shape or form. Glycogen and ATP can be synthesized just fine without it. If you can eat lots of carbs simply to get your calories up then that is fine. But why not increase calories by pushing the above nutrients even higher, the one's that are proven to increase strength and provide a more favourable body composition.

I'm not going to debate it any longer, I have listed every single point. I can link the medical studies for you to read if you so desire but it will take me until the weekend to collate it all as my life ATM is work, sleep and training

4 double quarters. I hope you have some chips with that and what you having for dessert then. Seriously Maccas burgers are tiny, smash that down in a couple minutes.

Mate your talking about 1 meal without knowing the whole diet. Why not eat steak. Well fuck what if I'm having steak for tea and eggs for lunch. Your putting some foods on a pedestal. So what I should never eat another food ever again because every time I should just have a steak instead.

hormones hardly used (or not at all?) in chickens.... cows on the other hand....

I thought chickens were fed antibiotics, to kill some of the bacteria in gut, and leave the bacteria that helps em convert more food to chook..

Landline - 5/05/2002: Challenging food safety myths . Australian Broadcasting Corp
"Some antibiotics are used therapeutically if a chicken has some sort of disease that can't be cured by normal methods. That would only be used under veterinary prescription and that's pretty rare these days. But antibiotics are used in products called digestion enhancers but if you don't like that word, a lot of people don't, they call them growth promotants and what these antibiotics do is adjust the gut in the chicken so it gets rid of the unwanted bacteria, so the bacteria that aid the digestion of the chicken's food can proliferate. This is exactly the reason that they are used, so you get the effect of growth promotion," he said.

Four Corners - 01/10/2001: The Last Silver Bullets

An investigation into the battle over antibiotics fed to farm animals.
ANDREW FOWLER: For years, farmers have been feeding antibiotics to their animals to make them fatter faster.

DR JEFF FAIRBROTHER, AUSTRALIAN CHICKEN MEAT FEDERATION: The only reason we use this product is because we have a huge economic advantage.

I wonder if there are similar antibiotics for people? :D
take a pill and more efficiently convert food to muscle?

Last edited:
hormones hardly used (or not at all?) in chickens.... cows on the other hand....

I thought chickens were fed antibiotics, to kill some of the bacteria in gut, and leave the bacteria that helps em convert more food to chook..

Landline - 5/05/2002: Challenging food safety myths . Australian Broadcasting Corp

Four Corners - 01/10/2001: The Last Silver Bullets

take a pill and more efficiently convert food to muscle?

Growth hormones or steroids for chickens have been banned since the 60s. So not at all. They made massive grains through breeding and feeding so don't even need them.

Dairy cows, no growth hormones used in Australia. America can still use bovine growth hormone but it is slowly getting phased out there.

Beef and pork. Some farms used some growth hormones I'm pretty sure.

The normal antibiotics that fight infection have to be prescribed by vets for their use and then strict withhold periods for the sale of animals or animal products after antibiotics are used. They are expensive so used as little as possible.

There are other antibiotics that are used for example in dairy cows that are rumen modifiers. Because feed is broken down by the bacteria in the rumen of the cow the antibiotics can adjust the level of the more efficient bacteria resulting in better feed conversion ratios. These antibiotics are not used in humans, they don't escape the digestive tract of the animals and don't make it into the meat or milk( eggs for chickens). They end up working very similar to probiotics, just less expensive and more effective.

It's only a matter of time before these rumen modifier antibiotics are banned. Not because they are bad, pose a health risk, enter the food chain. Its 100% just public perception. People that don't know what they are talking about don't want it so you produce what the market wants. It will waste feed though reduced feed efficiency and make most animal products more expensive to produce.

Oldcorollas before you get excited about something similar for humans, the feed efficiency gains are in the couple percent range. Useless for humans but great when you are going through thousands of tons of expensive feed for animals.

take a pill and more efficiently convert food to muscle?[/QUOTE]

Clen had similar effects on livestock.

Reading this thread hearing everyone mentioning foods like pizza, schnitzels, ice cream, burgers etc has got me really looking forward to getting back to bulking :)

Reading this thread hearing everyone mentioning foods like pizza, schnitzels, ice cream, burgers etc has got me really looking forward to getting back to bulking :)

And you are not enjoying these things while cutting why?

Tim.

4 double quarters. I hope you have some chips with that and what you having for dessert then. Seriously Maccas burgers are tiny, smash that down in a couple minutes.

Mate your talking about 1 meal without knowing the whole diet. Why not eat steak. Well fuck what if I'm having steak for tea and eggs for lunch. Your putting some foods on a pedestal. So what I should never eat another food ever again because every time I should just have a steak instead.

Now we are on the same page
No reason to eat them than to satisfy an emotional need
That's all you're doing- you're eating them because you like them for temporary enjoyment.
I don't have an emotional connection to food- so I just eat what I need to eat.
And it fucking WORKS, to the point where I am losing fat, gaining muscle and getting stronger and even yourself suggested that I was taking steroids

Carbohydrates fill me up. They fill lots of people up. If the dude is still reading this- you now have lots of ideas. Experiment, you'll know in 4 weeks if what you're doing is working or not. The take away point from everyone are:

Eat calorie dense foods- ice cream, fattier cuts of meat, italian food (although I don't think it's sensible to eat a load of fat then spike your insulin- but lasagne is tasty as fuck) and so on
Experiment with carbohydrate timing. Try eating most of your carbs in the morning, noon or post training.
Cook in oils more suited to strength training. Lard, butter, olive oil. Ditch the processed oils like canola, vegetable oils and so on. They don't taste as good, turn into trans fats easily and are not the optimal fats
Experiment with meal timing. Try eating one big meal, 2 or 3 meals, many meals and even snacking during the day. Good snack foods? Ground jerky mixed 50/50 in lard is killer and doesn't need to be refrigerated.

Now we are on the same page
No reason to eat them than to satisfy an emotional need
That's all you're doing- you're eating them because you like them for temporary enjoyment.
I don't have an emotional connection to food- so I just eat what I need to eat.
And it fucking WORKS, to the point where I am losing fat, gaining muscle and getting stronger and even yourself suggested that I was taking steroids

Carbohydrates fill me up. They fill lots of people up. If the dude is still reading this- you now have lots of ideas. Experiment, you'll know in 4 weeks if what you're doing is working or not. The take away point from everyone are:

Eat calorie dense foods- ice cream, fattier cuts of meat, italian food (although I don't think it's sensible to eat a load of fat then spike your insulin- but lasagne is tasty as fuck) and so on
Experiment with carbohydrate timing. Try eating most of your carbs in the morning, noon or post training.
Cook in oils more suited to strength training. Lard, butter, olive oil. Ditch the processed oils like canola, vegetable oils and so on. They don't taste as good, turn into trans fats easily and are not the optimal fats
Experiment with meal timing. Try eating one big meal, 2 or 3 meals, many meals and even snacking during the day. Good snack foods? Ground jerky mixed 50/50 in lard is killer and doesn't need to be refrigerated.

Lol mate I don't know what you are on about.

If emotional attachment to food is eating foods I enjoy, well I'm guilty. I like food, so what. You don't have an emotional connection? Fuck. Lol. If you didn't mention wings every 5 words I might believe you.

Oils suited to strength training lol ok.

I didn't suggest you were talking roids. It was clearly a joke. Get over yourself. Mate, you were the same weight for like 18 months with everyone telling you to eat. Now you are finally putting the calories down and no shit you gain muscle and strength, like everyone said.

You are coming up with all these fancy mostly ridiculous theories to why your diet is working when really all that's happening is you are finally eating enough calories.

Lol mate I don't know what you are on about.

If emotional attachment to food is eating foods I enjoy, well I'm guilty. I like food, so what. You don't have an emotional connection? Fuck. Lol. If you didn't mention wings every 5 words I might believe you.

Oils suited to strength training lol ok.

I didn't suggest you were talking roids. It was clearly a joke. Get over yourself. Mate, you were the same weight for like 18 months with everyone telling you to eat. Now you are finally putting the calories down and no shit you gain muscle and strength, like everyone said.

You are coming up with all these fancy mostly ridiculous theories to why your diet is working when really all that's happening is you are finally eating enough calories.

I'm eating less calories than I was before

Eating 2550kcal 3 days a week
840kcal once a week
3162kcal twice a week
6437kcal once a week

That averages at 3035kcal a day
I was eating 3500-4000 before

I am guessing then he would not rally be cutting.

Lol. Last time I dropped weight, I still ate all of these things every couple of days.
First meal or two would the staples, then whatever I wanted to fill out the rest.

Tim.

Your choice of foods looks like what one would eat if cutting.

Sure eat some veggies and lean meats. If you struggle to eat a shitload of them however, then you really need to get stuck into double cheeseburgers, fried chicken, schnitzels, meatlovers pizza... all the good stuff.

Brown bead is filling, piss that shit off and eat white, preferably in the form of burger buns. Your dinner is missing icecream in a big way.

^ Knew i read it somewhere in this thread.

Last edited: