• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

struggle to eat enough

I know my diet is working when reading the words "choc fudge" and "choc protein" give me hunger pangs...

I hate cereal too... Just cause it doesn't fill me up at all. It gives me a light headed feeling and I dont concentrate in the mornings well after having it.

Oh please fill me in why cereal is not "designed" for bulking.

They are kids they fucking eat what you give em or go hungry.

1 liter of ice cream is my cutting diet.

Serving of weet bix 107calories 3.7 gram protein, 0.4 gram fat

2 eggs : 150 calories, 12 grams of protein, 10 grams fat

You tell me which would be a better breakfast for building muscle:rolleyes:

And I certainly know what I prefer my kids to eat before school so they are full and able to concentrate and learn.

By the way all our eggs are free range from the chickens in our neighbours yard that roam around all day.

Last edited:

You tell me which would be a better breakfast for building muscle:rolleyes:

And I certainly know what I prefer my kids to eat before school so they are full and able to concentrate and learn.

By the way all our eggs are free range from the chickens in our neighbours yard that roam around all day.

I know I can easily eat more calories of weet bix or other cereal and milk in a sitting than eggs and I usually eat 12 eggs for lunch.

Carbs are great for building mass. There's more to it than just eating protein.

Infact I would eat cereal then eat eggs as well.

What your kids can't concentrate if they eat cereal. Fucking lol.

Free range eggs. Lol who gives a shit.

You tell me which would be a better breakfast for building muscle:rolleyes:.
who eats weetbix dry??

2 weetbix + spoon of milo + light milk =
230cal, 11.3g protein, 3.8g fat
or full milk and add 5g fat and 45cal

=not that different?

Apart from tasting better, there is no difference between caged and free range eggs, so when I have to pay for em I will go cage at the supermarkets as they are heaps cheaper, but I do generally get free range eegs from my boss at work.

This is all getting too complicated!! Lol
I find that weetbix and every other cereal taste like shit!! So I've found that steak and eggs work for me...but that's me...
Try what you can out of these suggestions Mitch, and work out what works for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I know I can easily eat more calories of weet bix or other cereal and milk in a sitting than eggs and I usually eat 12 eggs for lunch.

Of course you can and for Bazza the sky is purple as well :rolleyes:

What your kids can't concentrate if they eat cereal. Fucking lol.

Free range eggs. Lol who gives a shit.

No idea if they can concentrate, it's just what they ask for in the mornings.

Regarding free range eggs, well I give a shit as they are free for us, as my neighbours chooks lay more than he can eat, and my kids actually collect them every morning and eat two eggs each for breakfast. Why would I buy overpriced cereal when they prefer free eggs:confused:

Apart from tasting better, there is no difference between caged and free range eggs, so when I have to pay for em I will go cage at the supermarkets as they are heaps cheaper, but I do generally get free range eegs from my boss at work.

Not 100% sure on this, so you recon eggs from chickens that live in a cage and are fed hormones and injected hormones from the minute they are born, (literally injected seconds after they hatch) and and are fed special layer pellets are the same as eggs from chickens that have never had hormones and that roam around a paddock all day finding their own food and getting fed food scraps are the same??

To be honest I have never looked into it too much, but common sense would say no. By the way these are not supermarket free range, these are the neighbours chooks living next door.

I find that weetbix and every other cereal taste like shit!! So I've found that steak and eggs work for me...but that's me...

100% agree with this, who wants to eat cereal when there are so many options that taste so much better??:rolleyes:

Of course you can and for Bazza the sky is purple as well :rolleyes:

No idea if they can concentrate, it's just what they ask for in the mornings.

Regarding free range eggs, well I give a shit as they are free for us, as my neighbours chooks lay more than he can eat, and my kids actually collect them every morning and eat two eggs each for breakfast. Why would I buy overpriced cereal when they prefer free eggs:confused:

Not 100% sure on this, so you recon eggs from chickens that live in a cage and are fed hormones and injected hormones from the minute they are born, (literally injected seconds after they hatch) and and are fed special layer pellets are the same as eggs from chickens that have never had hormones and that roam around a paddock all day finding their own food and getting fed food scraps are the same??

To be honest I have never looked into it too much, but common sense would say no. By the way these are not supermarket free range, these are the neighbours chooks living next door.

100% agree with this, who wants to eat cereal when there are so many options that taste so much better??:rolleyes:

Mick yes I can easily. Why would you not believe it.

Hahahahahaha. Mick you really have no fucking clue what you talk about on here do you. Hormones have been banned in chickens for around 50 fucking years lol. Common sense? Maybe you should just start with the truth then graduate to common sense.

Also the layer pellets are a specially formulated diet for the layers, much more balanced than what they would find on their own. Free range hens are or should be still fed layer pellets in addition to what they find, if they are not their diet is most defiantly deficient in certain areas.

Last edited:
This is all getting too complicated!! Lol
Try what you can out of these suggestions Mitch, and work out what works for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

yeh dont worry mate, im not easily confused, not much was what i didnt already know but i just was looking for different ideas, i am just sifting through and pulling out bits which fit,

on good news the increase in calories yesterday saw the scales budge a little bit, so i will keep on it and see where i stand by the end of the week.

once again thanks for everyones help

And then you have the retarded anti grains crowd who say that cereal for breakfast is no good because carbs don't fill you up. There is nothing wrong with cereal for a person trying to put on weight. Just fucking eat.

People are majoring in all the minor shit here. Fuck all the bullshit off, if you are skinny çunt calories are what you need, no fancy sounding fad diets. Just find what you like to eat and eat a lot of it. Simple.

Fucking wings again. Fucking overrated.

See you've never had a problem with this most likely so you don't know what it's like.
I don't really give a fuck about the anti-grains shit but let's look at it this way. What is a more conclusive meal for strength training?

Corn, or meat?
Let's look at the nutritional breakdown. Going by the example of a 90kg guy I am recommending 200g of fats so 50g would be an ideal breakfast.
That is 10 eggs, a 250g steak, 46 almonds or some combination of all 3.

Corn flakes would be 3 cups plus 235ml of whole milk. This gives 14g of protein.

So sure, eat your fucking corn flakes for all I give a shit. Is it optimal? Far from it. Nowhere near the same amount of protein, cholesterol or saturated fats. Corn flakes offer no nutritional value over what I have suggest

How often do we see people throw the baby out with the bath water?

If you want to get big, I'd suggest a see-food diet.

If your brain is telling you to eat corn, eat it, if it's telling you to eat a "T" bone, eat it.

Eat to failure, when you are not enjoying food, your then eating the required amount.

How often do we see people throw the baby out with the bath water?

If you want to get big, I'd suggest a see-food diet.

If your brain is telling you to eat corn, eat it, if it's telling you to eat a "T" bone, eat it.

Eat to failure, when you are not enjoying food, your then eating the required amount.

I agree
BUT! When I followed the fast food diet I would cap out at 3000kcal a day. I can easily eat 5000kcal in one meal now though.
Everyone has different foods that they can really chow down for sure. I think keeping blood sugar low and pushing cholesterol and saturated fats is the key to hunger though

See you've never had a problem with this most likely so you don't know what it's like.
I don't really give a fuck about the anti-grains shit but let's look at it this way. What is a more conclusive meal for strength training?

Corn, or meat?
Let's look at the nutritional breakdown. Going by the example of a 90kg guy I am recommending 200g of fats so 50g would be an ideal breakfast.
That is 10 eggs, a 250g steak, 46 almonds or some combination of all 3.

Corn flakes would be 3 cups plus 235ml of whole milk. This gives 14g of protein.

So sure, eat your fucking corn flakes for all I give a shit. Is it optimal? Far from it. Nowhere near the same amount of protein, cholesterol or saturated fats. Corn flakes offer no nutritional value over what I have suggest

Fuck what's optimal? You don't know for sure. And then taking one meal out of the day and sayings it's not optimal without knowing the rest of the days diet. There is more to building muscle than fat and protein. Carbs are just as important in my opinion.

You said you couldn't eat 3000cal of fast food, well who fault is that. You could do that in a couple of minutes at most fast food places.

Also the layer pellets are a specially formulated diet for the layers, much more balanced than what they would find on their own. Free range hens are or should be still fed layer pellets in addition to what they find, if they are not their diet is most defiantly deficient in certain areas.

So chickens that live like chickens were meant to be living are deficient because they are not eating man made pellet food??

It absolutely blows my mind how you brain works:rolleyes:

Fuck what's optimal? You don't know for sure. And then taking one meal out of the day and sayings it's not optimal without knowing the rest of the days diet. There is more to building muscle than fat and protein. Carbs are just as important in my opinion.

You said you couldn't eat 3000cal of fast food, well who fault is that. You could do that in a couple of minutes at most fast food places.

3,000kcal is 4 double quarter pounders with cheese at McDonalds
Or 1.5kg of wings

I know which goes down easier.
I can list ample medical studies that show diets higher in cholesterol and saturated fats result in people with more ideal body composition. I can't say the same about carbohydrates.

I'm not saying they are bad, but why would you eat them if you could eat steak? What benefit do they have over steak or eggs? Eggs are highest in leucine and glutamine peptides which are proven to be the main aminos used in protein synthesis. An egg also has 4% of your daily b6, 6% of your folate and 11% of your b12. These B vitamins also have been proven to be the best for strength training which is why athletes take injectable B complex. 1.5g of saturated fat per egg, 211mg of cholesterol.

Carbohydrates are simply calories. That is all they do- they increase your calories. They are not NEEDED by the body in any way, shape or form. Glycogen and ATP can be synthesized just fine without it. If you can eat lots of carbs simply to get your calories up then that is fine. But why not increase calories by pushing the above nutrients even higher, the one's that are proven to increase strength and provide a more favourable body composition.

I'm not going to debate it any longer, I have listed every single point. I can link the medical studies for you to read if you so desire but it will take me until the weekend to collate it all as my life ATM is work, sleep and training