• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

strong for 308lb

Then by your reasoning he's not strong

I didn't say that.
I said that strong is strong, weight class is mostly irrelevant. People focus too much on what people don't do. "I got this great PR, I did it without a belt/straps/knee wraps/weighing over a certain amount".

You shouldn't give a fuck about what you're not doing or what other people didn't do. You should focus on what you did do. 280kg squat? I don't care if you're 140lb or 140kg, if you did it without a belt, wraps or if you did it in a suit. That is a good squat. It is strong

I didn't say that.
I said that strong is strong, weight class is mostly irrelevant. People focus too much on what people don't do. "I got this great PR, I did it without a belt/straps/knee wraps/weighing over a certain amount".

You shouldn't give a fuck about what you're not doing or what other people didn't do. You should focus on what you did do. 280kg squat? I don't care if you're 140lb or 140kg, if you did it without a belt, wraps or if you did it in a suit. That is a good squat. It is strong

Strength, just like most things is relative, it's not an absolute
And I've asked this before, what does "strong is strong" mean?
Is that like saying a circle is a circle, a straight line is a straight line, light is light, heavy is heavy??

I always like t think that all can benefit from dialogue.

However, with Oni it may be a lost cause. He sometimes acts like a 2 year old.

Strength, just like most things is relative, it's not an absolute
And I've asked this before, what does "strong is strong" mean?
Is that like saying a circle is a circle, a straight line is a straight line, light is light, heavy is heavy??

Yes it means exactly that
Saying that someone is strong... for 140lb
You're saying that they are not strong and that their weight is the only reason they come close. You're either strong or you're not. There is no stupid middle ground or justifications based on weight. It has nothing to do with absolutes either. Of course strength is relative to your size.

Is Liao Hui "strong for 69kg" or is he strong? Bear in mind that he is sticking most people here's max deadlift above his head

http://youtu.be/TC7rlFa4BLk

I didn't say that.

So, to be clear, this isn't impressive:

9 year old Naomi Kutin squats 187 lbs at a bodyweight of 88 # - YouTube

Right?

Yes it means exactly that
Saying that someone is strong... for 140lb
You're saying that they are not strong and that their weight is the only reason they come close. You're either strong or you're not. There is no stupid middle ground or justifications based on weight. It has nothing to do with absolutes either. Of course strength is relative to your size.

Is Liao Hui "strong for 69kg" or is he strong? Bear in mind that he is sticking most people here's max deadlift above his head

LIAO Hui (CHN)69kg World record 198kg - YouTube

Yep, he's strong especially for his weight but compared to a big Olympic weightlifter then not so strong :D

The only thing stupid on this thread is you.

I put up a simple thread of a little guy lifting some good weights, and you turn the discussion into a circus.

With Oni's biblical intellect, he is impressed by higher order feats of strength like David slaying Goliath. Like guru Oni, the future King David gave little consideration to major differences in bodyweight.

That's not what I said Spartacus
I said that someone is either strong or they are not strong. I still don't consider that manlets quarter squats strong. There are plenty of people who train hard for a few years that are stronger than him