• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

StrengthCalc Routine & Diet Aggregator / Calculator

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Check out StrengthCalc.
It is one of these online Powerlifting / Diet routine calculator thingies.
Probably helpful when you want to get a quick routine overview with your numbers plugged in.
It is still new so expect bugs.
Features:

• Starting Strength 5×5
  • 531 (for 531 I like strstd.com or a spreadsheet better though)
  • Coan Phillipi
  • Hepburn
  • Madcow 5×5
  • Smolov
  • Smolov Jr.
  • Texas Method
  • As well as diet generators (IIFYM & Lean Gains)

I really need to up my deadlifts or loose a lot of weight to get 1.75x body weight. Great calculator.

I know this has been discussed 1000 times before. Stronglifts versus SS versus Greyskull etc etc. I have decided that I like Rips the best "on paper" as I have not actually started yet.

I notice that Stronglifts and SS are probably the most talked about programs so I was going to meet them half way and do 4x5 with a combination of rows and cleans to include what both programs have.

Does this sound like the right thing to do or is sticking STRICTLY to 1 ideal?

Thanks for your advice.

I know this has been discussed 1000 times before. Stronglifts versus SS versus Greyskull etc etc. I have decided that I like Rips the best "on paper" as I have not actually started yet.

I notice that Stronglifts and SS are probably the most talked about programs so I was going to meet them half way and do 4x5 with a combination of rows and cleans to include what both programs have.

Does this sound like the right thing to do or is sticking STRICTLY to 1 ideal?

Thanks for your advice.

I like GS - if you're having a good or bad day can be reflected in the number of reps you get out. Squatting twice a week (the other progs are 3) is handy if you play a sport or want to add conditioning work. It isnt talked about much on these forums but on others it is.

If you're just starting out, do whichever you're most interested in as this will make it easier to stay the course. Follow your chosen prog to the letter for 6 months and by then you might be informed enough to decide on customisations to your training prog.

Remember tho that training is part of the bigger picture - plenty of sleep and food are also required.

I like GS - if you're having a good or bad day can be reflected in the number of reps you get out. Squatting twice a week (the other progs are 3) is handy if you play a sport or want to add conditioning work. It isnt talked about much on these forums but on others it is.

If you're just starting out, do whichever you're most interested in as this will make it easier to stay the course. Follow your chosen prog to the letter for 6 months and by then you might be informed enough to decide on customisations to your training prog.

Remember tho that training is part of the bigger picture - plenty of sleep and food are also required.

I do no other physical activities at all lol. I think 3x5 is good but I am about 20kg overweight so the extra reps could make all the difference. 5x5 just doesn't seem sustainable to me. If you were to look at me, you wouldn't tell I was fat unless I let my gut out but I'm so sick of not feeling confident

I do no other physical activities at all lol. I think 3x5 is good but I am about 20kg overweight so the extra reps could make all the difference. 5x5 just doesn't seem sustainable to me. If you were to look at me, you wouldn't tell I was fat unless I let my gut out but I'm so sick of not feeling confident

You start off really light, maybe even with just the bar and then work from there. Don't start with a weight that you are going to struggle with, of course it'll be unsustainable if you do that..