• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Str./hypertrophy routines?

Alpha Moth

I like both words on lifting, however a tiny bit more looks. I was looking at layne nortons stuff but it looks like it would rape me. How do you guys rate something like this? Don't know if it's too much volume.

A 10 day strength/hypertrophy rotation.

Day 1: Heavy Upper
Day 2:
Day 3: Heavy Lower
Day 4:
Day 5: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Day 6: Back, Biceps
Day 7:
Day 8: Legs
Day 9:
Day 10:
Repeat, or Repeat on Day 10

Day 1 - Heavy Upper.

Bench 3 x 5
Row 3 x 5
OH Press 3 x 5

Day 3 - Heavy Lower.

Squats 3 x 5
GHR 3 x 5
Calves 3 x 6

Days 5-8 All exercises are 2-4 sets of 8-15 reps.

Day 5 - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps.

Bench or Dips
DB Flyes
Side Lateral Raises
Front Lateral Raises
Tricep Isolation

Day 6 - Back, Biceps.

Wide Grip Chins
Rows
pull ups
Shrugs
Curls

Day 8 - Legs.

Squat Variant
GHR
Ham Work
Calf Work

Or I will just use a simple split and still raise my weight/rep as much as i can with this..
Back/Bis

Deadlifts
A Row
Chins or Pullup
Bicep Curl

Chest/Tris

Bench/DB flyes (shoulder health is in question for my right shoulder)
Chest Dips
Triceps Isolation

Legs/Shoulders

Squat
GHR (Glute Ham Raise)
Military Press
Calf Work

Last edited:
Dave said not to bother when I mentioned this, because I was thinking of trying it. Once again we're different people and I can't remember exactly what dave said but we shall see. I think stick to meeting the basic lifting requirements before focusing more on mass.

Have you seen Layne Norton? I think he is a more advanced bodybuilder than anyone on here. So don't try to emulate him until you are in that more advanced area. Basics, lift heavy, eat lots wait till you are out of the beginner stage then move to an intermediate program. Once you are out of that stage then look to what layne personally does.

I was looking at layne nortons stuff but it looks like it would rape me. How do you guys rate something like this? Don't know if it's too much volume.
I truly feel sorry for most "advanced" bodybuilders. I'm convinced they would meet with much more progress if they went back to the basics or have not abandon them too hastily to begin with. It's as if they have too complicate what works just to prove to others that they have "arrived".

The biggest hurdle facing most potentially successful bodybuilders is their own over-inflated egos. I say come back down to earth, ditch the frills and replace them with the meat and potatoes. Not many would call you smart or sophisticated, but they would eat their words when it's you on stage kicking ass!

Fadi.