• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Steroids killing young men.

Its a sample of young men who died and used steroids

Healthy individuals don't normally die.

All this study shows is that young male drug abusers die.

Its not a sample of healthy individuals taking steroids.

Fuck, lost my message. Anyway, Neddysmith and lex, you two are both retarded. If you don't even understand the difference between amoxicillin, benzylpenicillin and phenoxymethylpenicillin, how dare you comment on the professional ability of those who do?

Especially when it's based on lack of knowledge about a set of chemicals used for either personal vanity or for increased sporting performance, neither of which have anything to do with clinical practice.

>most are only insured to do just that
Mate, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

Yes, the study is terrible. The inclusion criteria was "people who tested positive for steroids at autopsy", of course they're going to find steroid related damage. The standard figure given is that 80% of medical studies are crap and should be ignored. Of course, you need to have some understanding of how to conduct research and the practice of medicine to be able to decide whether it's a decent study. Unfortunately, neither journalists nor random people on bodybuilding forums have that understanding.

No. On the other hand, if you look up that recent study that was reported as showing that Vitamin E caused prostate cancer, that was a shitty study which was harder to tell was a shitty study.

where'd you get 80% of medical research should be ignored? i like that statement and will use it if true...

ive never seen anybody in the medical community say anything negative about papers, usually its like a paper is the holy grail of truth which cannot ever be wrong (or taken out of context)

Looks like I made up the 80% figure or got it from someone random at some point, I can't find a citation for it.

General idea of "most medical research is trash" can be cited all over the place, most recent place I've read it is from BMJ. How to read a paper: Getting your bearings (deciding what the paper is about) by Trisha Greenhalgh.
Can't be fucked citing it properly.

But yeah, I've had a lot of lectures about poor methodology in clinical trials over the past few years.

lol, the OP:

[x] is a bouncer (i.e. security guard)
[x] judging by this thread has pretty clear roid rage issues

don't be mad just because the study proves YOU ARE GOING TO DIE

Looks like I made up the 80% figure or got it from someone random at some point, I can't find a citation for it.

General idea of "most medical research is trash" can be cited all over the place, most recent place I've read it is from BMJ. How to read a paper: Getting your bearings (deciding what the paper is about) by Trisha Greenhalgh.
Can't be fucked citing it properly.

But yeah, I've had a lot of lectures about poor methodology in clinical trials over the past few years.

yeah, especially papers based on questionnaires! grinds my gears... thats not measured science

24 deaths > over 17 years > between men aged 22-48?

I am not trying to stir anything here but that could not be counted as a study....24 deaths? Maybe if the study was based on 24,000 deaths over that 17 year period - which would give you a better understanding....even if it wa purely based on young men who are using - I can tell you now there has been more than 24 men in NSW using gear over the last 17 years - who have died.

This article is simply paper to the fire that is the "Steroids are the 1 hit killer - that is making are young people go crazy on the streets" - it is simply a branch off of that and a terrible look at me, look at me act.

Last edited:
For what it is worth, a former mate, 4th in mr universe, was also diagnosed with an enlarged heart from steroid abuse. He did take a lot of gear.

It's a shit study, but it's a study none the less, one that warrants further investigation with decent research methods and a large group, without using questionnaires.

Shit science is shit,

Steroids may have had an impact, but it was the illegal refugee great white shark bikie miners that killed them.

People are only ever going to hear what they want to hear...
Personally is rather spend my money on fishing gear :p

Since when have you been the judge of stupid comments?
...fishing-GEAR...bad joke obviously...

So you think its a good study and true? Just us roid heads dont wana believe it? Lol, good god.

If i thought gear is 100% safe and healthy why did i go get bloods done to check everything is ok? Explain that..