• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Steroids killing young men.

Is this professor even a real professor? Is this "study" even real? Could poke a billion holes in this stidy just from what ive read there. What an absolute load of shit.

I had a doctor tell me that pinning test would lead to heart enlargement and decrease life expectancy, maybe it's not that far fetched?

Ok your clearly missing the point, suggest you read the part of the study that says its from rec drug use, but lets not let that get in the way of a good headline

no having read the study , but that report says "The study examined 24 deaths in NSW men aged 22 to 48 over the past 17 years where steroids were found in the system of the person who had died"

so were the deaths a result of heart complications

"While steroids were not the direct cause of death, 62.5 per cent of men died from taking toxic amounts of steroids together with other illicit drugs - including cocaine and methamphetamine - either alone or in combination with heart disease"

has to be the worst study ive ever seen, done by some fuckin hack

We need Doctor Harrison Popes ideas on the topic.

And he can talk about GI Joe and Luke Skywalker action figurines.

heart disease is the no:1 killer of australians.

so pretty easy to fudge statistics... BUT yes it is becoming stupid. you don't need roids in your teen or early 20's... thats when stupid mistakes become real consequences.

why not wait till they older and wiser?

no having read the study , but that report says "The study examined 24 deaths in NSW men aged 22 to 48 over the past 17 years where steroids were found in the system of the person who had died"

so were the deaths a result of heart complications

didn't see the "read full article " button

About a quarter of deaths were caused by suicide or homicide, said Professor Darke, which links long-term steroid use with an increased risk of aggressive and violent behaviour.

ah yes of course ,increased risk of aggressive and violent behaviour , so how do you explain the rest of the suicide deaths? ffs these deaths couldn't have anything else to do with underlying factors? no of course not it was the roids at fault

the study has more holes in then jesus

Yep what a retarded article and "study"......they studied 24 deaths in 17 years, hahahaha, and NEARLY all men showed signs of steroid abuse, bwahahahaha

Yeh and inore the fact that all the deaths were also linked to meth and coke. They are the real killers. Mixing rec and aas is the real danger, hence i dont do recs.

as for the "connection" between suicide and steroids... Lol

Wonder if zyzz was part of this study lol

fuck loads of gear, clen t3 dnp and from what i hear a pretty serious coke/meth problem.. But ofcourse it was the tesosterone, not all the stimulants fucking his heart

Be intersting to know how many "natty" guys on here are using pre work outs like craze etc, as quite frankly you are doing way mote damage to your heart than i am with tren. (I have the odd can of redbul and thats as far as i go with stimulants)

this is probably the original source cited bros http://ndarc.med.unsw.edu.au/projec...oxicology-unnatural-deaths-involving-steroids

you could say that perhaps a mix of steroids and psychostimulants aka amphetamines is more to blame. Also noted was enlarged heart ventricles and the mentioned shrunken balls.

I can't really find any other studies on steroid use and mortality in my 5 second google though.

I believe that the speculation will never, ever end as to what Zyzz was on tbh, it's a shame that so many people idolize him.

FWIW Genics, I think the whole daily use of "pre workout" with huge amounts of caffeine etc is a joke.