• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Steam rooms / saunas

I'm thinkin about how I don't ever wanna go to a sauna if this is what I can expect.

I'm also thinkin about that quilt he's resting on and what happened on it just after the pic was taken. :eek:

Come on DKD saunas can be very liberating :D

I'm lucky and have a sauna at work so I use it once a week or so. There's never anyone in there so I normally do some stretches/mobility stuff as well.

I just do it cause it feels like I recover better when I do.

And I use the method from the above link also.

Re PWO: I just eat food. Hit your daily macros :) Unless you are training totally fasted, wouldn't make much difference IMO.

images

lol :D:p

What would you know lol

:p

As I was telling Callan last night, my Finnish friends have a sauna that takes up half their holiday cottage and has a pier running out to a lake attached t it.

I'm also not 100% sold on using a sauna to reduce your bodies water levels on a more permanent basis.
Surely your body will just replenish the fluids it loses? (Unless you f*ck yourself over and don't take in ANY fluid for a few days.

Turns out my gym has a steam room AND a sauna.

Which would be better for reducing water retention in the body?

Based on physics, I would say the room with the lowest humidity would be best
But I've never bothered reading up on sauna vs steam room

I'd go with the sauna

I would do both, on different days, wish I had access to both, my local pool has a sauna and spa, costs me $10 each time I go, went last week, I only go every now and then, and every time I go I say to myself I need to go more. Asians and indians are mad for it, no one else seems to use it.

I would be happy just going once a week, but don't seem to get there that often:mad:

I would do both, on different days, wish I had access to both, my local pool has a sauna and spa, costs me $10 each time I go, went last week, I only go every now and then, and every time I go I say to myself I need to go more. Asians and indians are mad for it, no one else seems to use it.

I would be happy just going once a week, but don't seem to get there that often:mad:

Yeah, I didnt' even realise my gym had either (let alone both).

So I'm going to start utilising them. I might just alternate then, I plan on going three times a week, so might just use them on alternate days.