• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

starting my cut, Question about the keto diet.

Liking the keto diet, eating alot of tuna, kangaroo sausages, bacon,almonds, peanut butter, eggs. Did a wicked cardio session before sprints, boxing and skipping fuckin exhausted, atleast im getting rid of my man boobs haha.

yeah i dont normally make too many pb's or strength gains on keto but everyones different. some people thrive on low carb/no carb

So u doing TKD or CKD? If its CKD try and go at least two weeks before your first carb up

yer im doing the ckd keto diet, so u reckon wait 2 weeks before a carb up? i was gonna do the 5 days low carb then 2 day carb up on weekends.

u can still make strength gains on keto but its different with everybody.
I have guys at the gym who didnt and then some who still pushed new numbers while on keto. Some people are just made for these diets (yes there is a reason behind it)

most people on keto make the mistake of nont eat enough fats to make up the calories.
If your on a 2000 calorie diet.
800 calories of protien/200cal carbs/1000 cal fats
Just down those fish oil tabs like it was going out of fashion. I used to down 25 a day.

go out and buy yourself ketone sticks from a pharmacy. to measure of your in ketosis before carbing up.

Yeah if u have a increase in the fat calories for a claire surplus then it will be stored as fat. Through Acylation Stimulating Protein (ASP) look it up.

But im not sure why people would be running this kind of diet for weight gain as its a slow as hell.

Creatine - Stores water so theres no reason u cant be on it. You should be drinking alot of water while on keto to keep the kidneys healthy. Just be prepared to not see your weight drop and look bloated. U will piss alot of this out later on so its not a big deal.

Last edited: