• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

starting my cut, Question about the keto diet.

thechosenone

My B.M.R is 3300 i think ill reduce that by 15% = 500 calories so ill be consuming around 2800 calories. Im gonna give the keto diet a try for about a month and see how i go. I got 1 question what ratio should i comsume it in? would 40% protein and 60% fat be a good ratio?. Also any tips would be great what was ur main meals with the keto diet.

keto is generally 60f/35p/5c

my tip is dont skimp on the fats, better to go over than under and keep carbs as low as possible. they recommend around 30g carbs per day but i found <20g to be better for me not including fibre of course

oh ok cool ill be drinking a little bit of milk, ill be eating broccoli as a filler cause it is extremely low in carbs.

thats way too much for keto you will never reach ketosis on 1-2 cups of milk a day plus the carbs you will get from other foods. no offense but have you researched keto diets?

edit: you could reach keto with milk but 1-2 cups will see you get about 20g of carbs but any other foods you eat will need to be near zero carbs which will be very difficult

Last edited:
k no milk, whats the best protein sources before bed to stay in a catabolic state longer,
Would casein protein powder in water be good?

My advice: Incorporate the 5% carbs daily from a good carb source like brocolli which doubles for its good fibre content. You will most likely burn out with zero carbs. Dont expect gains or PBs on keto.

Mate I think you are missing the point everything you eat will be protein, best source = Meat!!!

Steak, Chicken, Pork, Turkey, Fish,, and then more Steak, Chicken, Pork etc etc

No need for protein shakes and no milk, no soft drinks, nothing that contains carbs/ sugar etc etc

Mate I think you are missing the point everything you eat will be protein, best source = Meat!!!

Steak, Chicken, Pork, Turkey, Fish,, and then more Steak, Chicken, Pork etc etc

No need for protein shakes and no milk, no soft drinks, nothing that contains carbs/ sugar etc etc

On ketogenic diets, fat content needs to be higher than protein content though.

Bring on the coconut oil ;)

Coconut oil is delicious. Butter, sour cream. Just take a look at the nutrition lables on foods and stick to the macro ratios.

On ketogenic diets, fat content needs to be higher than protein content though.

Bring on the coconut oil ;)

If you eat enough protein from real sources the fat will not be a problem you will get plenty.

Bacon and eggs, boiled eggs with whole egg mayonnaise, t-bone steak, cream, etc etc all have plenty of fat.

When I did Keto I didn't have a Carb up for the first 2 weeks, then I'd have one every 4 days after that. Everyone works differently, I was carbing up when I felt that feeling of absolutely needing energy.
My carbs were 15g a day roughly, a Carb up wasn't anymore than 60g at its highest. I did Keto for a month, then Carb cycled for the remaining 8 weeks of my cut.