• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squats/Deadlift - How to apporach

Sydking

Im sure ive posted something similar – and really…. Only ME experimenting will give me the answers.

But I want your thoughts and expericane
Usually I lift every second day. I used to squat and deadlift same day, Then I just did squats for a few months. Now back to doing both. I will do deadlifts one session and Squats the next
Im wondering, Since I stuggle putting in 100% effort doing them in the same session, Should I sqaut or dead one session, Then do what I missed the next day just by it self? So Monday lifting with sqauts, Theen Tuesday just do a set of deadlift. OR do I need that full day of rest.

So squats Monday, Deadlifts wenesday – I find the Deadlifts really smash my quads aswell.
What you do all do?

Im sure ive posted something similar – and really…. Only ME experimenting will give me the answers.

But I want your thoughts and expericane
Usually I lift every second day. I used to squat and deadlift same day, Then I just did squats for a few months. Now back to doing both. I will do deadlifts one session and Squats the next
Im wondering, Since I stuggle putting in 100% effort doing them in the same session, Should I sqaut or dead one session, Then do what I missed the next day just by it self? So Monday lifting with sqauts, Theen Tuesday just do a set of deadlift. OR do I need that full day of rest.

So squats Monday, Deadlifts wenesday – I find the Deadlifts really smash my quads aswell.
What you do all do?

for me, if I miss an exercise I would tack it onto the end of the next session.

but from what you're saying it sounds like it would be better to alternate on separate days and up the intensity :)

I only squat PLUS RDL/SDL on the same day (legs), otherwise conventional deads are done on back day. However, I don't usually do both in the same week. At least not at the moment, having some lower back issues and keep forgetting to book in with the physio!

Not so much about missing a day, Nor do i do leg day, back day ect ect. I keep my shit simple

squat, Bench, MP, Dead, bb Cul every second day.

Just find it hard to fit squat and dead same day, il either do one or the other and take a full rest day inbetween or use the rest day to do the set tha ti missed

I find adding in light squats with Deads has been beneficial, really helps to keep the groove and compliments Deads nicely. First few times I squatted after Deads I was cursing at the idea so It might take a little while but you will adapt to it, find out what works for you mate.

My template consists of three full body workouts a week, this is my approach to this;

A, BB Squat, 5x5 followed by a twenty rep back-off set
B, BB squat, 10, 8, 6 rep scheme
C, Dead-lift, 5x5 followed by twenty rep's on the leg-press or BB squat if I feel I can.

Having the same issues. I think splitting the program makes the most sense. Deadlift once a week, squat twice a week if doing a full body workout. Makes sense

Had good results this week doing once of each per session - I think it would be silly to do the lift i missed on my rest day as the rest is much needed.

You can squat and deadlift 5 days a week, you just have to cycle your intensity and make sure you are recovering, if doing 90% of 1rm one day, do speed work or sets of 10 the following day.

I used to deadlift before squats, twice a week. It ended up being too much for my lower back and I hurt myself pretty badly, was out of action for a while. My advice would be watch your frequency...... let that back recover.

Depends on the situation but if you are bulking and don't have much else sapping energy in your life you can really up the volume and frequency without much problem.

If you are cutting and or have other shit going on like hard work, doing cardio or other training, not enough sleep. You might have to drop it all back and just do each lift once a week with some assistance.

You can squat and deadlift 5 days a week, you just have to cycle your intensity and make sure you are recovering, if doing 90% of 1rm one day, do speed work or sets of 10 the following day.

It's probly just me - but i like to keep things simple as possible, No 1rm's no speed work ect

I just like to jump in a lift as heavy as possbile - Then recover/train for my designated sport

Im sure if i got a bit more technical i may be able to better my lifts......

Today is squats. If i feel good at the end of my session il whack in a few dead lifts, I dont like to take more then a 2 days off a exercise otherwise i feel like when i jump back into it its twice as hard...

Training has been feeling real good doing one or the other each session, Feeling stronger in both lifts - No big gaps in between that leaves me feeling rusty and they both compliments each other nicely.

Now to keep at it