• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squat/Leg press ratio

well this is what I mean
fella is obviously leg pressing in a manner in which is ineffective

just sayin, if you can leg press 3x you squat, maybe you should take some weight off and do them properly

its the other way round, my squats a horrible I never took the time when I started training to perform them correctly. I do leg press through the complete range of motion and with quote "correct form". I have subsequently stopped doing them and focused getting my squat technique correct.

but you know everything....

its the other way round, my squats a horrible I never took the time when I started training to perform them correctly. I do leg press through the complete range of motion and with quote "correct form". I have subsequently stopped doing them and focused getting my squat technique correct.

but you know everything....

well considering I said you should be leg pressing in a way that increases your squat and it's not increasing your squat... then yeah.

well considering I said you should be leg pressing in a way that increases your squat and it's not increasing your squat... then yeah.

my squat didn't increase because I was be a bitch, not because I don't perform my leg press effectively.

my squat didn't increase because I was be a bitch, not because I don't perform my leg press effectively.

I doubt this. Mainly because of your experience level. Harsh I know. If you were leg pressing 300kg correctly, you'd have very big legs indeed and squatting more than 2 plates a side would be easy, because you'd be used to handling 300kg. (well, 235kg at a 45 degree angle)

Leg press is all legs though, squat is mainly hips as you said..

I leg pressed 9 a side for 5 today with clean form. So thats 410kg inc sled.

Who gives a fuck what your 1rm leg press is anyway, there is so many variables between machines etc it's pointless even trying to work it out.

It's like people that list the weights on the sides of the pulley stacks.

Give sets of 20-50 a go Genics
Put the focus on the hamstrings but using a wide stance up the top of the sled, or the quads by using a "duck" stance a little lower

Give sets of 20-50 a go Genics
Put the focus on the hamstrings but using a wide stance up the top of the sled, or the quads by using a "duck" stance a little lower

Directing the focus of leg press to various muscles has little to do with foot placement and a lot to do with your head.