• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squat/Leg press ratio

When you include the weight of the tray, I leg press less than I squat
I usually just put on 2 plates a side, go down until I feel the hamstrings stretch, then push up until just before my leverage increase and back down, keeping it right there for 20-50 reps

Heavy weight and low reps, build big legs not
My legs were at their biggest when I competed in cycling lol, they have atrophied considerably in some areas, but the tear drop muscle is much bigger.

I suppose we have to consider what kind of leg press movement to answer this. The angle of flexion about the knee needs to be the same as is would be in the squat to make a fair comparison. Most people don't do anywhere near the range of motion on LP.

Also who does max singles on a Leg Press anyway?

The super humans I have seen who could squat 300 or so unsuited would do 5-8 reps with 600kg+ on a 45 degree leg press with about 90 degree leg angle.

Personal experience had me doing at a guess 6-8 reps on 12 plates per side full range of motion when I was capable of a six plate squat.

I would say the max raw squat (with knee wraps) would be about half of the 5RM on a Leg Press.

Yeah when I squat I lean right into it, it's mostly hips
Leg press, you can't do this, I am using my femurs- my longest lever by far
To get the same knee flexion, I need a very close stance and to really stretch into the bottom position

I am better at reps, but the top end strength is not there at all. An 8RM on leg press would be pretty miserable

You should be leg pressing in a manner in which your quads develop and performance on the squat and deadlift improve

Not the manner in which your leg press increases

You should be leg pressing in a manner in which your quads develop and performance on the squat and deadlift improve

Not the manner in which your leg press increases

Some times you say the funniest dumb things 0ni when you don't quote someone else's thoughts

I leg press 300kg x 5 and squats 90-95kg x 5 3:1 basically

Some times you say the funniest dumb things 0ni when you don't quote someone else's thoughts

well this is what I mean
fella is obviously leg pressing in a manner in which is ineffective

just sayin, if you can leg press 3x you squat, maybe you should take some weight off and do them properly

Low bar squatting is an exercise that makes your arse big, leg press makes your quads blow up. This is fact, quoted research papers nil.

well this is what I mean
fella is obviously leg pressing in a manner in which is ineffective

just sayin, if you can leg press 3x you squat, maybe you should take some weight off and do them properly
Think for a moment as to why people can leg press far more than they squat