• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

squat lagging

Aren't we all missing the point? Perhaps doing deadlifts on the same day as squats is hurting the squats? And since he has a whole day for biceps, couldn't we just move squats to that day??? I must be missing something here....

Aren't we all missing the point? Perhaps doing deadlifts on the same day as squats is hurting the squats? And since he has a whole day for biceps, couldn't we just move squats to that day??? I must be missing something here....

I agree with you

I was doing the deadlifts after the squats. Before that change to my program I was doing deadlifts on the tuesday but was still sore by saturday for squats.

If you are still sore on Saturday from a session on Tuesday then maybe look at your nutrition, your form, and your sleep. There are a number of guys here doing Deadlifts and squats 3 times per week, I'm sure they get sore but yours sounds a little extreme?

I squat and sldl in the same session 3 times a week. Im rarely sore the next day letalone the following saturday. Theres something you're not telling us mate about your squat form or sleeping/eating habits.

Take up one of the numerous novice programs on this for 6 months and you'll be at 140 squat. Ill put $20 on it.

Soreness is simple. If you are not training frequently enough you will get sore. No amount of food will stop it, only slightly reduce it. Increase your frequency and you won't get as sore.

Soreness is simple. If you are not training frequently enough you will get sore. No amount of food will stop it, only slightly reduce it. Increase your frequency and you won't get as sore.

This little chestnut keeps coming up over and over.

This and the other thread that pumping iron started ooze ignorance.

Squat/bench Monday and Friday, pull Wednesday.

Do 5x5, start at 65%, add 2.5kg each session.

Report back in 6 weeks.

OT, but at 150KG x 3 so far with deadlifts and they don't make me sore other than a little tightness in my back that fades fairly quickly and sore hands (did mine yesterday afternoon and feel i could happily do more now), squats hurt somewhat more!

This little chestnut keeps coming up over and over.

This and the other thread that pumping iron started ooze ignorance.

I train 3 days a week and I'm almost _never_ sore. Even after yesterdays session with PB Squats, Bench and Deads... I'm not even feeling it today.

Only times i've been sore other than injury have been after 3 laps of the 1000 steps (doms in calves) and when i first went back to the gym after months off.

I used to be a bit sore the day after a 50km+ bike ride.

Totally right whoever pointed out that my technique was probably wrong on deadlifts, while trying to push out a couple extra reps I was jerking my back in the process. No pain at all after doing the movement in a fluid motion.

551084_280069378768827_1983348311_n.jpg