• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Social experiment

i dont think the Bee Gee's wouldve been that bad and im sure some of the boys would've been singing along. i reckon that if you played some middle eastern or indian music you might get a different result. maybe it'll produce better results lol.

and also even tho they hit pb's with Bee's Gee's maybe with some metalica they could've PB'ed higher.

PTC i do know what you are saying and i do belive it is true, however i know some days when i dont feel like going to the gym i will put on some music to get me pysched up to actually go to the gym. But i rearly listen to music when im lifting heavy. I do listen to music when im doing more circuit work as i do it to the music.

We normally play ACDC, so I doubt Metallica wouldve produced anything better.

I'm still pretty sure that 90% of you are missing the point anyway, lets move on, this thread has run its race

i get your point, that the bee gee's are playing subliminal messages in their songs. for example if you play 'staying alive' backwards you'll hear 'Lift that bloody weight or it'll be game over for you'...............yeah ? lolz

any music would be better than some strange high pitched grunts I've heard before. Metallica and ACDC go great

i had a bit of air supply playing today when training....it ended up being a really rewarding session. Who woulda thought that 1970's Australian soft rock would produce such good results! :p

07822146112_340_340_20040512075215762.jpg

I've officially decided - if you dont lift to country music than you're gay :D

Btw - has anyone tried drinking whilst at the gym? when I get my power rack all painted up (this weekend) I wanna have a session with my mates - we'll have some beers after a few heavyass squats (serious).

Last edited:
I would think that being slightly pissed and handling a couple of hundred kilograms of iron probably isn't the healthiest proposition, but whatever floats your boat ;)